GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New here need some help - manual 6 speed

jshoeboy13

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
hey all...
I'm in need of a car and I'm thinking about getting a new GTI...but my parents (who are paying for a majority of the car) doesnt want me to get manual transmission... im trying to persuade them that it is better. Can you all give me some reason (and excuses) that might work lol. I really dont want to drive auto, stick is way more fun.

Last edited:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
The only benifit that I can think of is slightly, and in this case very slightly better gas mileage. Have you test drove the GTI with it's new DSG transmission yet? You just might like it.

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
tell them that you get better grades in school with a manual transmission because it works your mind more.....

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
^ Bribe is the only way to get what u want in the U.S. lol ...and hard work... but who wants to do that lol

Sorry to bumb you out too but unless you plan on driving in town mainly, it is best to have the DSG. But think though. The DSG DOES have better gas mileage, still 6 speed, and turbos work better on autos, and the DSG is faster than the manual. Plus, how many of your friends have the knock n flip shift? That would seem sweet to me if I was in your shoes.

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
I don't care what tranny you get. this car rocks!

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Your body will work harder, so its good fitness when you drive.....maybe?

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
heres the pefect reason.

its a proven fact that you're less likely to get an accident in a standard because you're having to pay more attention while driving.

SHABAMM!

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
McPsycho V said:
heres the pefect reason.

its a proven fact that you're less likely to get an accident in a standard because you're having to pay more attention while driving.

SHABAMM!

goodone.. also add that if ur driving a stick, you cant be on ur cell phone.. like with an automatic. :)

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Just tell her your Fast told you to get a manual, and that you cant hear him very well with all her yakkin

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
all these are great excuses for a manual. Good Luck bro!!!! i get mine next week!

AlphAZender

Drag Race Newbie
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the manual transmission is going to be much cheaper to repair if anything was to go wrong. I am not sure what the history of the triptronic tranny is but I can only guess its $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to fix.