GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Baby got new shoes--I like em

Fast Eddie GTI

Autocross Newbie
GaBoYnFla said:
Spacers? on a Mark V? I dought you'll find anything that will need one....

Mine are 19x8 45 mm offset with a 235/35 BFG gForce tires....which do scrub a tad....no big deal in the front but the rears tend to cut little stips off the tire sidewalls/corner of the tread. :eyebulge:

It's not the top of the fender but the gap between the bumper and fender (rear only) that does the damage....so far it is so light but I haven't had anyone in the back seats or anything in the trunk but a car cover and ice chest not weighing over about 15 lbs.

I'm going to do something to the rear before I get into trouble and cut a tire.....they are expensive to replace. It will be either cutting off that little gouger or bending it up....not sure which yet.:help:

What size tire and what size wheels are you ordering including offsets?:confused:

I've got some 19x8 with a 67 offset on their way...thinking I'm going to run 225/35/19s...my best guess is a 15mm spacer up front (effectively making it a 52mm offset with an 8inch wide wheel) in the front and possibly a 20mm spacer in the rear. Based on your post though, I might do 15mm all around.

Drone

Watching U
Car(s)
2006 VW Rabbit

Epic Bump

Redstripe

Banned
Car(s)
CW GTI
what are those? they look like sportec wheels, but i could be wrong

Redstripe

Banned
Car(s)
CW GTI
lol i tried to edit, but it wasnt happening.

WHy this thread so old!

MasterGunnZ

The sex
Car(s)
GTI
Very clean