GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello to our down-under members

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
JJ-R32 said:
Please feel free to use this section to discuss anything regional related and to organize meets and shows :thumbsup:

Thanks.....I'll be first.

Why, why, why, do l have to wait 9 bloody months to get my GTi? :mad: Bitch Bitch. :mad: Moan moan. :mad:

Cheers......l feel better now.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Tensixty6 said:

Why, why, why, do l have to wait 9 bloody months to get my GTi? :mad: Bitch Bitch. :mad: Moan moan. :mad:

You've got a date?? I was quoted June, July at the latest when I ordered in Week 1 Jan. My poor dealer can now only tell me "it should be sometime this year" and has to bear my fury to VWA...

Thanks so much VWA... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
P.S. Thanks for thinking of us Aussies for the regional forums.... :thumbsup: :respekt:

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Kirium said:
You've got a date?? I was quoted June, July at the latest when I ordered in Week 1 Jan. My poor dealer can now only tell me "it should be sometime this year" and has to bear my fury to VWA...

Thanks so much VWA... :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't have a date as such. I ordered week 1 in December 05. I got a Commission Build number late January and spoke to VWA soon after. They checked and advised that my car would be built in July and delivery should be September. I have to say, l'm not going to be surprised if it doesn't happen.

If there is any further delay, I'll probably cancel the order, just on principle.

AM59Z2x31

Go Kart Newbie
Tensixty6 said:

All I can say is that VW Aus needs to get thier act together. Delivery times blowing out like this are NOT acceptable. I've already moaned about how mine blew out from 6 to 9 months :mad: :mad: :cry: :cry: Now due September.
When you order the car and they tell you 9 months you know what to expect. Not a 3 moth blow out.

Do any of you know any way of getting a black or silver GTI? I dont mind if it has a few thousand k's on it.

Do you guys have any connections in the VW world?

I live in Sydney.

Cheers.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
i should be getting my black 6sp GTI in the next few weeks (arrived in Sydney already), need to sell my existing car first though :(

If anyone you know wants to buy a 1999 Nissan 200sx then let me know :)

moomoonel

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Hi all,

Do I really have to wait for 9 months for this car?
Did you get any discount (unlikely, I guess)?

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
Hi everyone - Yes you have to wait :mad:

I ordered in mid Aug 05 and have waited 29weeks so far (Over 6months).
I'm told it should be here next month.
That will be 7 months all up.
My understanding is the current wait is 9months with 2months for delivery.:cry:

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
I purchased mine at the end of July 05 and I expect it would be on the road in the next few weeks ie. March 06 so yes it is a long wait.

I got a little bit of a discount, just go to a few different dealers and see which one will give you the best price.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
moomoonel said:
Hi all,

Do I really have to wait for 9 months for this car?
Did you get any discount (unlikely, I guess)?

YES to the first question and YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING to the second question.

moomoonel

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
How much is the car on road with DSG/leather/sunroof/pearl paint?
Test drive is not possible I guess

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
moomoonel said:
How much is the car on road with DSG/leather/sunroof/pearl paint?
Test drive is not possible I guess

OTR with no discount l'm guessing would be about $53,700.00. Depending on how much your dealer charges for delivery.

As far as a test drive goes, if the dealer won't let you drive one, how could they expect you to buy it. Simple......No drive......No sale!

gti oz

MotoGP tragic
This is my first post, so hi all.
I ordered my GTi in early Jan '06, they said delivery in June. I have to sell my car before then. The dealer says that VW policy is if you wait over 6 months they will give you a car to use until your GTi arrives. Has anyone else been told this?