GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV Turbo Kit?

MKVowner

Ready to race!
Yes, there were other forums, but they were called other things. Here is the official forum for speculation on a turbo kit for the MKV GTI.

It is true that I did speak with APR corporate, and they did tell me that they are having some trouble working with this new FSI motor. They said that because of the direct fuel injection, it makes the kit more complex, and they need more time to figure it out...they said possibly over a year! I dont know if I can wait that long to have my car stuck at 230whp, and 260trq. I need raw power! hehe. I bought this little car to woop some EVO butt, and now i can't.

Does anyone know anything about future turbo kits coming for the MKV's at all? Any help will do.

mk4gtiboy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
lol, there is always a quest for more power, i think u should wait for APR 3inch TB to come out, then put the chip deside by APR for there exhaust, this should give u enough power to beat a stock EVO

MKVowner

Ready to race!
No, I just got rid of my old EVO, and I tell you...i dont really care so much about beating it off the line...because it isnt possible. An Evo with a TBE and a flash can go 0-60 in around 4.5. But, I want to be able to pull up next to one going 10...and at least hang with it. I dont care if I lose, as long as i lose by less than a car, so I can smile and say, "Wow....$33,000 for yours...$27,000 for mine...and I'll use that extra 5K to get a turbo kit and smoke your butt! But, a GTI MKV with an APR chip and exhaust isnt going to get it done. That is only around 260hp and 315trq at the crank...so, that is what a stock evo has at the wheels. gonna take at least a stage III kit...but they need to invent it! lol!

Nice thing about the APR stage III is i think it is super reliable and streetable. That is what the EVO wasnt.

mk4gtiboy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
well, the thing is my friend got a APR Vtuned 03 1.8t with TB and beats stock evo, and is HP is only like 195 to the wheels, so with ur 260 to the crank even if ur a lil heavier, u should be able to

technicly...

//caliber\\

Drag Race Newbie
mk4gtiboy said:
well, the thing is my friend got a APR Vtuned 03 1.8t with TB and beats stock evo, and is HP is only like 195 to the wheels, so with ur 260 to the crank even if ur a lil heavier, u should be able to

technicly...

I thought a stock EVO was pretty damn quick? I'm surprised 195 beats it. By a low? I dunno 03's that well are they super light or something?

MKVowner

Ready to race!
Yeah, I dont know about that. I owned an Evo VIII, and believe, they are F'ing quick...i highly doubt that a 193hp car is going to keep up. You can go to GranTurismo on PS2, and match up a 260hp GTI MKV vs. a stock Evo...and the Evo wastes it by a mile. But, maybe i'm wrong, but, I just know that on APR's site...a stage III+ turbo kit just ran a 12.63...which is what a VERY LIGHTY MODDED Evo does easy. SO, I dont know...

If APR does come out with a turbo kit...what do their kits run at PSI wise? Do they stay around stock (10-13) or do they go all the way up to 20? What is the max for a VW engine..never had one.

mk4gtiboy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
well it ll be most likely a gt28r or gt28rs type turbo, also bro u can t base that on a video games, my friend ran a evo with CAI, and beat him, and he probably got like 200 whp

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
Man, I got smoked by an evo about two weeks ago. I got carbonio CAI, milltek 2.5" turboback. Off the line he smoked me badly. At 30 miles by 2 1/2 cars. But I'll tell you what I can't believe I smoked an Infinity G35, light to light it wasn't a quarter mile. I would never think an EVO can be smoked without a turbo upgrade and at least a k04 + turboback+chip+CAI (1.8T's).

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Evo...what a waste of money, seems too much like a family car import...after running a quarter mile, you drop your kids off at school

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
if you upgrade thr turbo, chip, and turboback exhaust a gti it can easily keep up with a Evo if not beat it:evil:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
LivEToDrivE said:
...after running a quarter mile, you drop your kids off at school

Actually, I see that as a good thing :iono: