GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I dont like when the volume goes down¡¡¡

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
what can I do to stop my stereo going down automat when is to much bass or trebel, Its auto protecting, but sometimes the volume goes down very much, how can I deseable that function, my stereo is the one that plays Mp3, and has sat radio 6 cd changer on the same unit, I´ve all ready enter at the functions but I was not able to do it.

Cheers

Ricardo

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Yeah mine does that too. It is really annoying. I would be interested in finding out how to turn that off as well.

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
Our 2003 Passat had it where you could turn the speed sensing volume off. not sure the GTI has it. I will check the manual tonight

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Oh, I am talking about how when you turn the Bass up, it does not work right. Whenever there is bass, it cuts of the treble. So if someone is singing, and then the drummer starts hitting the bass, the trebel gets really quite, then it turns back up. I am not explaining this well, but I hope you get the idea. rica roel, are you having this problem or a different one.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Tex I don't know much about these radios we have yet, but I would try turning off the speed sense first. Just because this may be messing with it in some way. Also, which radio do you have in your car? I have the ten speaker in dash six disk and I do not have this problem.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
just replace the radio!! could be fun...?

jetbluemig

Passed Driver's Ed
I saw a post about this on Vortex I believe. Apparently the stock head unit in the GTI automatically "clips" the sound to protect the speakers. It is a separate function from the speed sensing, and I do not think there is a means of switching it off. It's gets very annoying, very quickly.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
That would definately cause me to yank it out.

NewYorkMike

So hot right now. . .
loccusst said:
That would definately cause me to yank it out.

YOu can turn off the speed sensing by turning on the HU and holding down the scan knob for 2-3 secs. one of the options is to defeat the speed volume thing (forget what they refer to it as).

As for the bass thing, I can tell you it is something in the HU. Basically there is an audio compressor that will "duck" all the high/mid frequencies when the volume is up and the bass is really going...I'd love to know if its defeatable, as its my only issue with the stock system. I wondered if anyone who has taken their HU out noticed any switches on the back or if they could see a manufacturer and part number so it can be researched online....

:thumbsup:

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
Texas_MkV said:
Oh, I am talking about how when you turn the Bass up, it does not work right. Whenever there is bass, it cuts of the treble. So if someone is singing, and then the drummer starts hitting the bass, the trebel gets really quite, then it turns back up. I am not explaining this well, but I hope you get the idea. rica roel, are you having this problem or a different one.

That is the problem, not the speed, its like a protection of the sound system, that I really dont like, I like to go, where It hears well, I´ll never go more than the speakears or the stereo can handle, you know what I mean, I do not like distortion, but the stereo can handle much more than the auto protection.:thumbdown:

Cheers

Ricardo

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
NewYorkMike said:
YOu can turn off the speed sensing by turning on the HU and holding down the scan knob for 2-3 secs. one of the options is to defeat the speed volume thing (forget what they refer to it as).

As for the bass thing, I can tell you it is something in the HU. Basically there is an audio compressor that will "duck" all the high/mid frequencies when the volume is up and the bass is really going...I'd love to know if its defeatable, as its my only issue with the stock system. I wondered if anyone who has taken their HU out noticed any switches on the back or if they could see a manufacturer and part number so it can be researched online....

:thumbsup:

Yes I hope someone can find the answer.

Ricardo

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
And the answer is.....(drumrole)....Factory unit goodby.

If someone wants to find the answer faster, the technical term for that happening is from the "Soft Clipping." "If the volume is set to maximum, you may notice that the radiooutput will become distorted, The Soft Clipping function detects this distortion and will automatically adjust the volume to provide the most distortion free output." (GTI Manual 3.4, 36)

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Translates to...."Soft pain in my ass". Sorry I was messing around with it today and it was just aggravating me. It was fluctuating with what was on. The only feature I like on this radio is that if there is not a SAT signal the unit will switch over to CD.