GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brokeometer....VW's New magazine ad....have you seen this?!?!?!

Jedi VW

Ready to race!
I just got my latest issue of Autoweek in the mail and almost died laughing. VW has the greatest marketing campaign in the world right now.

here is a scan:

The Speedometer is a peeloff sticker to place over the real speedometer in order to trick the "naysayer" of speed into thinking you are barely doing 20mph instead of say....100mph.

Genious!!!!

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I am totally blown away by their creativity. Pure Genius. By the way I just wanted to say that I saw my first commercial featuring the un-pimp my ride strategy on television today. I've watched it on the internet, but it is nice to know that everyone is watching these harious shows as well.

I fricking love these cars. :thumbsup:

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Haha that's awesome thanks for sharing. Do you have your GTI yet? Care to put that on your speedometer and take a pic for us :laugh::laugh:

Jedi VW

Ready to race!
Yeah I have a Package 1 DSG UG....I'll see if I can't "borrow" some more of these ads from my local Barnes and Noble. I'll try them on something else, and if they are easy to remove, I'll take a pic of it on my ride. lol....

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
some of the guys at the dealerships think their gimicks were stupid....but they caught most of our attention...and usually know to refer the GTI w/ the fast...so they get my thumbs up on the marketing aspect

mllr

Go Kart Newbie
The add campaign this time around was absolutely hysterical. Those import tuner/ricer commercials almost made me wet myself, and the 'My Fast' rabbit was really good too.

They had a similar add for a passat,

the ad had a cut out key that you set on the floor.
when someone asks to drive your car you say that you locked yourself out so they cant drive

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
GTi Fanatic said:
They had a similar add for a passat,

the ad had a cut out key that you set on the floor.
when someone asks to drive your car you say that you locked yourself out so they cant drive

That's a good one as well :laugh: