GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First Time Noob Questions

MarkVGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Most of all I just wanted to say HI because I know I will be on here a lot.

Ive taken a test drive (very impressed), have my GTI all priced out, and now its just a waiting game. Im selling my other car and once I get the money I am buying my GTI.

As a pretty big noob to the GTI platform is there anything to be warry about or anything I should take into consideration. Im falling in love with the car more and more every day so im pretty sure this is the car for me. Just wanted to see if there were any wise words of advice.

Also...I chose to go with the 6-speed manual, 18's with package one...what do you guys think the price should be. I just want to make sure the dealer is giving me a fair price. (Im more than happy with his price...just wanted to see if someone who had the same set up paid less)

Thanks for any help you can give me!:biggrin:

destroyboredom

Autocross Newbie
As far as price people seem to be paying $500 over invoice on average from what I read. Check edmunds.com for invoice prices with your options and that should give you a good idea.

mllr

Go Kart Newbie
Hey! Someone from Wisconsin! I'm a member of the local German auto club up here. We'd love to see you bring your GTI to Elkhart Lake for a little track fun sometime. I could email you more details if your interested. Or if your already with a club that's cool too, odds are we'll see you soon. I'm running a 914 with a pal at the SVRA spring vintage weekend this year.

Sorry I didn't help you at all with your question above.:biggrin:

Last edited:

MarkVGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, send me the information. Ive been to elkhart lake once with my last car(never got out on the track) but it looked like a lot of fun. jjjosh41@excite.com. And I dont have the car YET....waiting for money to fall into place and then im putting my order in...so within the next few months.

mllr

Go Kart Newbie
Well looking at the email I received, we don't run till September of this year. They do have some SCCA membership garbage, but this we can work around. Our track time is September 18th - 19th with a $75 fee. (That's total for both days) I emailed my pal Dave for more information about you guys coming up. I'm absolutely sure everything could be worked out way in advice. The only other requirement really is that your over 18. Once I get all my ducks in a row here I'll be emailing you all the final info. For now just make sure that date works for you.