GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TOP SPEED!!

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
What the highest speed you reached in your GTI?? I was able to reach 240km/h:biggrin: ... But I really feel that i can go faster, the car didnt even hit redline, the RPM was stuck on 5 and a half.

Is the car drag limited, or is there a limiter on the car?

Attachments

• TopSpeed.JPG
    TopSpeed.JPG
    244.6 KB · Views: 4,005

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Sorry for the blurry, large, unclear picture.... I just wanted to show it as proof :tongue:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
GTI2007 said:
1 mile is approximately 1,6 km. So to transfer km's to miles you have to divide the 240 by 1,6 which gives a result that 240 km/h is the equivalent of 150 mph

Thanx GTI2007. How did the car handle at those speeds?

I've done 125mph, and it as easy getting up there. If you have ever watched the Fast and the Furious, the last part when they are hijacking the last truck, and everyone gets hurt, they are doing that in my home town. So that's where I go to test my car.

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
TeknoGroover said:
I've done 125mph, and it as easy getting up there. If you have ever watched the Fast and the Furious, the last part when they are hijacking the last truck, and everyone gets hurt, they are doing that in my home town. So that's where I go to test my car.

:laugh: For a minute there it sounded like you were saying that everyone in your neighborhood were highjacking trucks!!!:laugh:

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
It was pretty stable Bouston....And this is what seperates the nice from the rice :bellyroll:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I had mine up to 120mph tonight on the way home...... it was raining so I wanted to test out the wipers to see if the skipped on the window at high speeds. Then I decided it was raining so I had better slow down. The car handles very well at high speeds. No handleing while the car is rapidly accelerating is another story.....it seems squirley while the car is pulling hard. I don't mean the initial launch, I mean when you are going down the road in second or third and punch it. Probably the 17" factory tires.

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
GTI 2.0T said:
It was pretty stable Bouston....And this is what seperates the nice from the rice :bellyroll:

Autobahn tested :thumbup:

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Maybe yours has a speed limiter?? Or maybe its just too new:iono:

Brandon

Oval Newbie
Bouston, you're a lucky bugger you know that? lol

Nice speed there man!