GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Racing the car

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
I have a friend that owns a Cobalt SS it has out ran alot of cars. Do you guys think that a stock GTI will out run a stock Cobalt SS.

:evil:

Last edited:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Good question. There's a member on here that owns a Cobalt SS. Maybe he can answer that?

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
I think it would depend on which SS he has too.

I believe there is an SS that is NOT supercharged, and one that is. So, two SS models.

Also, he may or may not have added the LSD if he has the supercharged SS, which would matter.

They are pretty fast when it is the SS with the SC and LSD :)

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
The cars are statistically closely matched on their speed, obviously, supercharger might have you off the line, cus of the constant power...however...it seems like it could all come down to who shifts better..who can drive the car better during the drag. I havn't raced one yet, but if I see one today, i'll let you know

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
I think if its stock you can beat him, but not by much:wink:

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
it is just stock supercharged SS and the car stock only produces 13 psi of boost which is alot i thought but i am new to the boost thing so what do i know i know on a 40 mph dig he was even with a SRT-4 Neon.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
this is gonna vary on a roll, but from point A to point B drags...you should roll nose to nose, he's running 13 psi, and your running between 8-11 psi, however, the turbo pulls more torque at higher RPM's, so he'll move up a little at first, then you'll catch, he'll move up after you shift, then you catch...it should stay about that

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
dunski said:
if you raced a stock one, it would be close, a modded ss would would the shit out of a stock gti.

And vice versa :thumbsup:

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
All things being equal, he will beat you. 0 - 60 on the Cobalt SS is 6 sec. The GTI is close to 7 sec. However, he still has to go home in a Chevy Cobalt and you don't ;-)

plac

GTI Master
GTI is 6.0 second in a video I saw. As long as you dont have a manual which is much slower. Even race.

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
i think that i will just ride what do i have to prove to him nothing the more he races the more wear and tear. so hopefully my car will at last his in the long run