GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A bit of a rant.

kuhla

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2000 Ford Ranger XL
I was with a friend of mine at a Honda dealer last weekend. The salesmen were all laughing and smoking out front when we showed up. My friend asked about the Si, if there was one in the showroom or on the lot for him to try get into. One said they didn't have any, another said let me check if there were any on the lot. We followed the one who said he would check. He ended up asking another salesmen, who said they don't have any. My friend asked if they knew how many units they would be getting, at which the salesmen kind of went "un-its?...uhh...no, we don't have any." wtf?...lol...yea... Honda here in SoCal ain't the brightest....

BillyInLasVegas

Passed Driver's Ed
I have to say same problem here in Las Vegas, I put a deposit on an Si in November and we agreed on MSRP, then when my car came in in December they added the "Adjusted Market Value" ($4,999.99) to the original sticker price and claimed that's what they meant by MSRP.

So after a fight with the dealer I got my money back and went to yet another two Honda dealerships and I found one that could get one by March, I called on Saturday (Feb 25th) and they told me it would be June before it would get here.

I went to the VW dealership that day and bought a Black Magic GTI 6MT right off the lot. It's great after driving it for 5 minutes I knew I had to buy it.
By the way got it for less than the price of an SI.

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
I gotta agree w/ you all. Honda dealers blow. They add to the sterotype of the "classic" car salesman. The cars are good, but the service awful. Acura is a little better. but no where near the best.

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
I went to a Honda dealer around mid-december asking one of the salesmen whether they had a new Si in yet (which they didn't at the time). He told me to hang tight while he checks to see if any might be coming in... but on the way to his office, he chatted with another salesman, and in a condescending way said, "yeah, we got another one here asking for the Si." The other guy basically said, "get in line." Heh :rolleyes:

Come to find out, I knew more about the Si than these people... hell, they didn't even believe me when I said there'd be a White color option when I brought that up. I just love it when I know more than them:iono:

Best experience was at a Subaru dealership nearby... salesman was a TRUE Subaru enthusist and was totally a cool guy to deal with. No pressure and yet best of all, he knew exactly what he was talking about.

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
LOL, talk about extra service. I get a package in the mail today, and I'm thinking it's the "Fast"... but no, just a thank you pack w/ balloons and a coffe mug from my VW dealer. I gotta say, that's good stuff. I didn't get no mug from my freakin Lexus dealer!

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
I'll confirm that story in the Pittsburgh area. I went to Dean Honda just to check out the civics before the si's had even arrived. The primary salesman spent our entire conversation leaning against a Ridgeline with his chin on his hand. They spoke condescendingly to me about both the cars they sell and the one I would be trading. Honda should be concerned about this sort of behavior because although they have some excellent cars (Accord, Civic, Odyssy) they also have some frumpy looking clunkers like the Ridgeline and that awful Element.

VW dealers vary, I won't pretend it's a perfect world. But I can't imagine that behavior of that sort will get people to consider future Hondas for those people who are dealt with rudely.

onthevirg

Oval Champion
Honda Dealer Treatment = They Could Eat Me

I have to say that I wasn't real impressed w/ the Honda dealerships that I went to either. I was trying to decide between GTI, SI, RSX & WRX. Both the WRX & the RSX were great, and the dealershipe were fine, the cars just didn't do it for me. Wanted to take a look @ a SI, but dealerships either didn't have them and could care less about letting me know when they might or had such a haughty tude about their superior position for selling the car, I wanted to d**kpunch some of the sales people. One place I went, markup was over $3G, weren't even interested in having a talk about a deal for MSRP or anything close to it, so I walked. Second place, they were "gracious" enough to be selling it for MSRP, but wouldn't let me test drive the car...WTF?! You want me to drop $26G on a car, but you're not going to let me test drive it? I wanted to give them the <^> ('o') <^>. So the fact that I've had VW's before & the dealership I went to was a breeze to deal with, was a no brainer. Still pisses me off a little bit though, I mean...you're salespeople, aren't you supposed to be EARNING my business, not make me work for it. *Deep Breath* OK, sorry for the rant.

dmclone

Oval Champion
This is just how dealers get when they have something hot. Last year they would have kissed your butt to buy the 2005 Si since it was such a dog.

planb1215

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Yeah my friend screwed over a VW dealer

My buddy who's a mechanic, he's a complete dub head. He has his auction license and buys vw's all the time and does frankenstein experiments with them all the time. Well 2 years ago he bought a brand spaken new red GLI and he just beat on the thing from the start. This kid blows cars up all the time, he literally has 20 cars.

Well about month after he bought it, he went to waterfest in NJ and was screwing around and hit a curb, broke his axel and blew his oil pan. Well he asked the insurance company to total it and asked if he could buy it back, which he did. Well now 2 years later, he put in a totally different interior, different engine and tucked the air bag and glued it shut into the steering wheel.

Well he went to a VW dealer here in New England that is notorious for screwing people over and brought the "GLI". He said i want the new Jetta V, what will you give me for this? They said we'll give you $14k for it. He goes sweet i paid $18k for it two years ago, i'll pay the rest in cash. So he owned the car free and clear.

A few weeks later they call him up saying he screwed them over and that they'll give him 10k for the car instead of 14k. He goes "Why would i want to do that, i already own the car free and clear" Then he sold the car over to his mom on paper in case they tried to repo it. They also said they were gonna sue him, cause i guess you sign paperwork on trade ins saying they've never been in major accidents. I thought it was kind of funny.

T1noandaudi

Passed Driver's Ed
i've been to many car dealership many times
out of all of them BMW is the best :laugh:
i've been to 3 differents BMW dealership and they all've been very nice to me.

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
my experience with dealers seems more affected by my appearance and age (21) than anything else

bmw-the usual snobby attitude
lexus-great experience though the guy seemed way too into the "Direct injection" aspect that didn't interest us so much
honda-herson's around here in MD is the absolute worst..too bad its also the closest
vw-i literally walked in and asked for a test drive and the guy was cool with it, even let me go by myself

VR4ownzU

I'm on the market for a "newer" car. Everytime I go to the local Honda dealership no one engages me because I still look young...I'm 27 but I could pass for 18. Anyways...I went out there last Monday and had no help...sorta interested in a Si even k now the styling isn't all there for me. Go directly to the local VW dealer and someone comes out before I even hit the front door to greet me. Shows me their 07s and shows me the 08s that just came in.