GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Well...it was either the GTI or the Si, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Guyz give him a break! The Si is still an awesome car. Like he said the car is stock, so how can it be considered "rice"?

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
Bouston said:
Guyz give him a break! The Si is still an awesome car. Like he said the car is stock, so how can it be considered "rice"?

That is a fantastic question, and I am hoping to read a great answer to that soon.

Here is some more of the rice, and make sure to click the image a few times to maximize and remove the jagged edges from the pic:

marcinek

Touring Car Newbie
Slowride said:
I know what a riced vehicle is, and if you think a stock vehicle is rice, then you must consider an Evo, or an STi rice as well?

Would you care to back up your ignorance besides taking immature jabs?

No, I love the SI, I'm just clarifying...the person didn't know what the picture meant, and I made it obvious.

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Slowride said:
That is a fantastic question, and I am hoping to read a great answer to that soon.

Here is some more of the rice, and make sure to click the image a few times to maximize and remove the jagged edges from the pic:

Sweet! What color cars did you have in the past? Because I used to be a light color person (white/silver) then I got into the whole gray/gunmetal/graphite color for a couple years, and for the past 6 months I've been completely seduced by black. :iono:

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
marcinek said:
No, I love the SI, I'm just clarifying...the person didn't know what the picture meant, and I made it obvious.

I knew that it was referring to rice. What I didn't understand was how the car could be considered rice.

My apologies if I misunderstood your intent.

KharatosGTI

I have had blue, black, gray, an orange-ish pearl, green, maroon...all kinds of colors really. Each car has a different look, so I usually go with the color that I think looks best on it. I have no real particular lean toward light or dark really.

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Slowride said:
I knew that it was referring to rice. What I didn't understand was how the car could be considered rice.

KharatosGTI

I have had blue, black, gray, an orange-ish pearl, green, maroon...all kinds of colors really. Each car has a different look, so I usually go with the color that I think looks best on it. I have no real particular lean toward light or dark really.

Oh ........ well it seems like I'm going down a path of darkness with no sign of returning, lol. :laugh:

marcinek

Touring Car Newbie
Slowride said:

KharatosGTI

Wait, so you can adjust the interior colors in it?! :smoking:

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
marcinek said:
Wait, so you can adjust the interior colors in it?! :smoking:

No, but that would be rather interesting :smile: .

I was answering KharatosGTI's question about the exterior color I chose. The interior illumination only comes the way you see it in the picture I posted on page 2 of this thread.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
:coolpics: The spoiler looks aftermarket (yes, I know it's OEM).

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Enjoy your ride.... I would have considered the SI if it was available in my country

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
Slowride said:

Again, congrats on your purchase. I love Honda's reliability factor (I just can't get into the new design/shape thay're going to) so I'm sure you'll get mile and miles of smiles from it!:thumbup:

I never noticed how HUGE the windshield is! :eyebulge:

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
I think that windshield looks pretty cool from the outside, I thought that there were too many lines on the dashboard though. Putting the speedometer out front like that was cool, but it's a shame that the tach somehow couldn't make the trip as well. It's nice though, that Honda is being more adventurous. VW is too, and the GTI is an example of that paying off.

I know that there is a pretty big gap in weight and torque between the si and the gti. Do you ever feel like the SI is underpowered?

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
I haven't find a situation yet where I felt the car was underpowered due to lack of torque. In normal driving conditions, I will shift around 3500-4000, and the powerband is smooth all the way up. The Drive By Wire system makes it quite smooth on shifts, because you don't really get the head jerk when you shift between 1 and 2, and 2 and 3, etc. When you look at all of the various magazine comparisons, the Si and GTI are always literally one or two tenths of a second of each other, so the Si needs to play the game differently to make up that torque :smile:

In aggressive driving conditions, the car is obviously way more fun than normal driving. After a hard launch, the tach flies through 1st and at around 5800 the engine starts to literally howl when the VTEC point is engaged. The car begins to pull very hard at that point, and as you near 7800, a red light flashes near the speedo to tell you the 8500 Limiter is coming. I shift right about at 8200-8300 and the shift into second is more of the same, except you are now into the 5800 and above range much quicker. The only way to describe the sound, is if you have heard an S2000, or Integra Type-R w/intake...that is about the same.

Getting onto on ramps is a favorite part of my day now, because you can dip into the corner in second, stomp the gas on the way out, and the car is howling like crazy on the way up to 3rd, 4th, etc. It is a fun car to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.