GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door & speaker picks

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Here are some pics of the door taken apart so you can see the speakers..

There are three torque screw along the bottom of the door panel and one up at the top in the door jam area to remove. Then you have to pop off the arm rest control cover to get to the two larger torque screw under that. The simply pull hard to get the panel to pop. That's it. The side mirror cover and tweeter won't come off untill you remove the door panel itself.

Here is a shot of the door panel.....

Close ups of the 8" subs in the door.....

[img=http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6990/dsc002450zi.th.jpg]

And here is a pic of my car that was the test subject in the operating room...

I personaly do not like the speakers, speaker size, and the locations of the speakers on this car at all...

Last edited:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
K...I tried to post the pics but I guess we-todd-did-racing.com is not supported by this site. I am too tired to post them on another host site nor do I know which ones are supported. I am not very good at this pic thing. For now just paste the link in the address bar and you can see them that way.

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
hmm thats a weird combo isnt it? may be it can be replaced by some CDT 3 way speakers

I was actually happy though that you have posted the picture of the speakers. Now I know that if I want to add subs to my car, can I tap into the OEM Sub wires. Also, those are 8" subs OEM? How deep can we get if we replace them?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The subs are riveted so I did not feel like taking them off. But I would say there is probably a good 4 inches that the 8" sticks out from the door. I don't think there is a ton of room behinde it because of the window. The whole thing is considered three way components so I do not think you could just tap into the factory sub wires in the door.....you wouldn't want the headache anyway. I still would like to know what is behinde the panels in the rear speaker area...there is some serious low end coming from back there. Oh and yes the 8" in the door are OEM.

plac

GTI Master
Try a sound test, fading only front and only rear. My rear sounded way better. I think these tweets kill the front.

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
The rears actually overpower the fronts IMO, and the front tweets are just average. I haqve some old Clif designs tweets that I might slap in just to brighten of the front sound.

plac

GTI Master
exactly dude!

the rear sounds WAY better than the front.. which is pretty dumb.

i just really hate tearing apart a brand new car... it will have rattles for sure when done.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I just fixed the pics.....click on em and you can see your inner door naked!!

davesee

FIA GT Champion
loccusst.. do the door panels have plastic clips that you have to pull out and they never hold as well when you put them back in? Or is the door panel only held on by screws?

Every car I've done in the past has had these clips and they never hold as well when I put the door back together, just wanted to know before I open up my baby..

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
They put some supper clips on the door as well as the torque screws. You have to pull realllllll hard. Over time the clips will eventually not hold the door on as good....but that is if you keep taking the door on and off.