GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TOP SPEED!!

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
This thread should be re-named "Who can get the highest speeding ticket" :laugh:

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
This thread should be re-named "Who can get the highest speeding ticket"

LOL!:laughabove:

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Hey nomios...

Top speed mentioned in our brochure is 235 km/h, so i dont think its that hard to reach 240. And as one mentioned in that thread, most speedo's normally lose accuracy at high speeds. BTW I also checked with the digital speedo in the climatronic, and it turned out to be EXACTLY the same speed as the analog speedo (till 100 km/h, i dont think it can manage triple digits)... Maybe its just a dumbass move by VWOA?

Golf 2.0 - Nice speed there (that was shown on your speedo, not the GPS:bellyroll: ) :clap: What mods do you have on your car?

Golf 2.0

Passed Driver's Ed
My car have a turbo,a box(rapid),a chip in the ecu,a bmc cda air filter and home made exhaust.The speed in the GPS is 248 km/h.:biggrin:

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Aha... Nice:clap:

nomios

Touring Car Champion
I am not saying the mkv GTI cannot go faster than 210 KPH. But in the US it cannot go faster than this without some help.

It is pretty common for North American cars to have a lower top speed than the same model sold in Europe (or elsewhere). Of course this limit can be disabled with a modified ECU. GTIs sold in North America definitely have a limit of 130 MPH.

My GTI, and I think everyone else in the US has the speedo issue. If my speedo shows 100 MPH, I am really only going 90 MPH. At 145, I am really only doing 130 because that’s when the governor kicks in and the RPMs will not go any higher even though there is more in there.

As for the climate control, it can only show 2 digits, but it will roll over so when you hit say 105 MPH it will read 05.

sarpe

Ready to race!
My top speed is 245 km/h... but... there was still run :D,
I have had to slow down for the traffic ......
ciao!