GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Had a test drive on Saturday

bilbos

On the Kop
Went to my local dealers with my wife on Saturday and had a test drive in both the manual and DSG GTi's. The first thought was, they are FAST.

I liked the DSG immensely especially in manual mode with the flappy paddles on the wheel. The note from the exhaust on the kickdown was sublime. The wife was more keen on the manual though (we are both originally from the UK so the manual is more familiar). She thought that in D the auto lurched a bit on the changes, especially from 1st to 2nd.

I was a bit disappointed with the interior but that is probably due to the fact that my last two cars were Audi's (TTR and A3) so I am comparing it to those. The seats were comfortable though and gave good support.

The dealer has a car that I am hoping to purchase. It is a United Grey with pkg 0. I asked if he could put the 18" alloys on and he has indicated that he may be able to do this at cost rather than the full $750. Anyway, just need to sort some financial details out and then hopefully I will be in a GTi in the next couple of weeks. :biggrin:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Hope you get the GTI. Seems like United Grey is a popular color....I see I have good taste. LOL

teutonic40

Passed Driver's Ed
I am also thinking of going with GTI after two Audi's. The low end torque of a turbo motor is very appealing. Had a 2000 S4 with v6 and turbos and the thrust at 1800rpm is addicting. The speed of 2004 S4 is scary but does not have the "kick in the pants" of a turbo car. Also may be able to save for college for kids with GTI payment vs. Audi.