GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stalling question

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
When I test drove the GTI last week...I stalled it. And IIRC I had to turn the key back to the off position in order to get it to crank again. Is this right or did I maybe not have the clutch in enough?
If that is correct, it will be a pain in the rear to have to bring it back everytime you kill it...not that I kill vehicles often or anything :tongue:

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
i just noticed that same thing yesterday. i stalled pulling up into my garage and had to turn the key all the way back before it would start again. idk what that means but i guess its not a huge deal. maybe its some safety security thingamajig. :iono:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I did it yesterday. I have always drove a manual. It happens. The turning the key back is a safety issue. I was at a light and had cars behinde me. I could see somebody see me go forward, car dies, I turn the key back to start and bam......I am now rearended. Or......I pull out, car dies, other car is coming and BAM!!! I am hit in the side.

kuhla

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2000 Ford Ranger XL
Hokietuner said:
I did the exact same thing when I test drove, stalled, and this is someone whos been driving stick in bumper to bumper every day for years, oh well.

yea I stalled the 6spd during one of my test drives too :redface: and I also drive a manual everyday.....