GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

about the new r32

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I've been reliably informed by someone at VW that the R36 will not exist, and that the US will recieve an R32 at some point.

Could be wrong I guess, but I've also seen precisely zero evidence pointing to an R36...

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
See I heard the other way around, one of the sales managers at Lindsay VW over here, said that R32, was being replaced by R36 in North American VW sales. I saw the dealership brochures, in this glass case thing

cmdrfire

LivEToDrivE said:
See I heard the other way around, one of the sales managers at Lindsay VW over here, said that R32, was being replaced by R36 in North American VW sales. I saw the dealership brochures, in this glass case thing

Hmn... that's interesting. I guess with evidence pointing one way or another the only way to be certain is to see if they release it...

TBH, prior to the R32 being released in Europe, I had thought that it would be an R36 as well; I read in an interview after the release that the man responsible for the R32 felt that the 3.6 V6 was not a "suitable engine" for the car. Could be that they've decided to do it as a one-off for the US, since no one in the EU's heard about it.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Theres all this hype, but you know I've never understood why you'd pay the extra 10-15K when if your put maybe another grand into an MkV could smoke a stock R32, and save yourself some pocket cash....too much hype, but I'm not seeing it

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
LivEToDrivE said:
Theres all this hype, but you know I've never understood why you'd pay the extra 10-15K when if your put maybe another grand into an MkV could smoke a stock R32, and save yourself some pocket cash....too much hype, but I'm not seeing it

Good point. I think a lot of it has to do with the AWD and the R32 being a rare/limited VW.

cmdrfire

The 4Motion is nice, but I'd take my GTI any day. I test drove an R32 and it wasn't nearly as fun as the GTI.
Plus, as you mention, put a little extra into the GTI and you'll be able to outrun R32s with no trouble... now I've just got to find someone's who's bought one and prove it to 'em :biggrin:

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
cmdrfire said:
... now I've just got to find someone's who's bought one and prove it to 'em :biggrin:

And get it all on video :thumbup:

KevinFastMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
cmdrfire said:
The 4Motion is nice, but I'd take my GTI any day. I test drove an R32 and it wasn't nearly as fun as the GTI.
Plus, as you mention, put a little extra into the GTI and you'll be able to outrun R32s with no trouble... now I've just got to find someone's who's bought one and prove it to 'em :biggrin:
:biggrin: lets see the result mate!! but the AWD n limited VW is the reason why im interested in it!!anyway, GTi has more fun than the R32 so stick w/ it:headbang: