GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why don´t we call this site just the MKV

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
newtogolf said:
Jetta is a nice car. but i think for under £1k more (in the UK that is) saloon lovers are better off getting a Passat. new passat is really nice i think.

or for £2.5k cheaper, better off getting a golf.

I'd still rather take a Jetta than a Passat if I had to choose between the two. Passat's too big for me.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
newtogolf said:
Jetta is a nice car. but i think for under £1k more (in the UK that is) saloon lovers are better off getting a Passat. new passat is really nice i think.

or for £2.5k cheaper, better off getting a golf.

Whoa, now we're getting off track.

The question was whether or not to include the GLI not the whole Jetta line.
The GLI Jetta is a sedan/saloon version of the GTI/Golf.
The drivetrain is the same and thus GLI enthusiasts can benefit from this site as
well as potentially contribute to the GTI. Wouldn't that be cool?
The GLI has more in common with the GTI than it does with the other Jetta's.
Even the front ends look the same between the GTI and GLI, DSG offered in both,
same 6spd. manua, same 2.0T engine, same interior, etc...

So, the question isn't which is sportier, or cooler, or cheaper, or more practical, or whether a Passat is nicer. The question should be, is the GLI similar enough to be included?
My vote is YES.

T

cmdrfire

GTT said:
Whoa, now we're getting off track.

The question was whether or not to include the GLI not the whole Jetta line.
The GLI Jetta is a sedan/saloon version of the GTI/Golf.
The drivetrain is the same and thus GLI enthusiasts can benefit from this site as
well as potentially contribute to the GTI. Wouldn't that be cool?
The GLI has more in common with the GTI than it does with the other Jetta's.
Even the front ends look the same between the GTI and GLI, DSG offered in both,
same 6spd. manua, same 2.0T engine, same interior, etc...

So, the question isn't which is sportier, or cooler, or cheaper, or more practical, or whether a Passat is nicer. The question should be, is the GLI similar enough to be included?
My vote is YES.

T

In which case, the GLI is not a Golf, therefore I have to go for a no. This is GolfMkV, not GTIMkV.

/not looking to antagonise, just sayin'...

91ABAGTi said:
I suspect the creator of this awesome website intended for it to be GTi exclusive based on all the reviews/videos/pics here. I also think he probably named it accordingly. I personally think it's cool having this very focused forum versus the broader based vwvortex. $0.02

my to 0.02€ would be to keep the site www.golfmk5.com related.

sure the GLI has similarities with the GTI, but I dont believe there should be a section for it.

GLI owners if you want to post go ahead,
but im sorry i dont think a GLI section is a necessity...

btw i dont think this was intended to be a poll.:iono:

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Jeeez, this guy makes one post, and doesn't even bother to follow up. :rolleyes:

vdubGTi said:
Haha no shiet Bouston. I have been in and out of it and all I see is other people talkin.
Seems as though he's not desperate enough to make this a GLi also Forum. If he wants to, he can still talk about the similarities that the GTi has, but don't expect and answer about something with the GLI, because we don't have one (most of us). Yeah, the body kits, lights, engine, and interior are the same, but that's basically it.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
cmdrfire said:
In which case, the GLI is not a Golf, therefore I have to go for a no. This is GolfMkV, not GTIMkV.

/not looking to antagonise, just sayin'...

Actually, I do believe it has more in common with a GTI than it has with a regular Jetta, and it is based on the Golf MkV.
You folks in the Euro market don't get this car/GLI I think, so perhaps you don't know what it is?
It's very much a GTI as a saloon/sedan. It has the same interior, same engine, same trans choices, same wheels/tires, it even shares the same front end appearance.

I really don't see why anyone who knows what the GLI is would have a problem with it being included with a GTI. :iono:

T

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
GTT said:
I really don't see why anyone who knows what the GLI is would have a problem with it being included with a GTI.

Because it is not a Golf/GTI. The Jetta/GLI folks are free to set up their own forum and not include the Golf/GTI. I am perfectly fine with that.

cmdrfire

As I said, is the GLI a Golf? No.
Is the GTI a Golf? Yes!

The GLI may be similar to the GTI and whatever, but it's still not a Golf!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Coming from a Honda to a VW I can say this. The GTI is similar to a GLI as Civic is to a Integra. They share the same things but are not the same car. We can benefit from having GLI owners on here because the cars share many things. It wont be long before we will here "will this part off of a Jetta fit my Golf?". So we might as well get along now.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Two worlds...one family. Its like losing independance...

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
Thanks to all¡¡¡¡¡

No, I do not hate anyone, I was just out for just 1 day, I’m here and I thank all of you for your words, as many of you said, I will stay in this forum because the info we share, as many said mk5mods.com and vortex they do not offer many so, I like this place as this community and I love both cars, my last car was a MINI Cooper S 2003 with a lot of modifications (I love hatches), and I would not be able to do that with all the information based on MINI2.com, I was all the time contributing with threads, as I intend to do it here, so I appreciate all of you and for letting me be a part of this community.

Cheers

Ricardo

Attachments

• DSC05981.JPG
    DSC05981.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC05985.JPG
    DSC05985.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC05986.JPG
    DSC05986.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 100