Still settling into but a nice machine :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Golf.jpg
    Golf.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 357

DubAddict

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Intro

I currently own a 2004 Jetta TDI-PD. It is my 5th VW.

1. 87 GTI
2. 91 Golf
3. 86 GTI
4. 97 Jetta GLX VR6
5. 04 Jetta TDI-PD

I am definately a HUGE VW fan (not a fan of the Japanese cars, they are generally fine cars, but lacking that 'Fun to Drive' factor - big time:thumbdown: ). While I love the TDI torque and exceptional fuel economy, the turbo exploded and destroyed the engine. Fortunately, the 5 digit repair bill was on VW, but who knows if it will happen again, and if it does, it will be on my dime, which is why I am looking to get out of the TDI and into a 2.0T. So far, I have not heard any horror stories about 1.8T or 2.0T turbo failures that did NOT involve lack of maintanance (i.e. sludge buildup caused by improper oil change interval starving the turbo).

I know for sure that I want to get the DSG with Launch control, but I am still trying to decide between the 5-door GTI and the Jetta GLI. My first car was an Mk II GTI which was a blast to drive. Right now, I am leaning toward the GTI 5-door in either Reflex or United with DSG and Launch Control. This forum has been incredibly informative for me. Thanks.

Yvel

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
New GTI Fan

Hello

My name is Yves. Just bought a Golf V GTI. Phewww what a car.
I still have to wait 3 weeks ... not easy....

Nice website with lots of info

Greetz Yves

Prince GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone! My 2006 GTI is the first VW or German car I own. The GTI is my daily car, and I love it...definitely two thumbs :thumbup:
DSG, leather seats, xenon lights, Navigation, "phone prepared :thumbdown:", candy white, 17" standard wheels

I also own a 2000 Acura Integra Type R , which I'll probably turn into a circuit car very soon, and this will also give me some fun time at the track in addition to improving my driving skills :burnrubber: I spent loads of money on the R, turbocharging the engine and all, and then decided that spending all this money is just getting out of hand and not worth it, so a stock engine was put in place :clap:

I'm also one month away from becoming a father (1st baby) :w00t:

Last edited:

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I Guess it's time for me to post,

A 50 something Grandfather of one, looking for and needing a spark in his automotive life. Really hoping for a 4 door US Spec GTI with DSG and I'm getting conflicting reports from the two local dealers.

Chris

Dilip

Hi Everyone

A VW fan all the way.
Cars I have owned so far since I am 21

1st Vw Golf 2.0 Manual (Sold)
2nd Vw Touareg 3.2 Tip (Present Car)
3rd Planning on the Gti or R32 (Took a test drive for a Day in the GTI dsg and it brought a big smile on my face)

Lets say Vw are fantastic solid cars and never let u down in any situation.:wink:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
NYDUB said:
I Guess it's time for me to post,

A 50 something Grandfather of one, looking for and needing a spark in his automotive life. Really hoping for a 4 door US Spec GTI with DSG and I'm getting conflicting reports from the two local dealers.

Chris

:w00t: Do you mind if we call you "Pops"? Just mess'en with'ya, welcome:thumbsup:

200HP

Passed Driver's Ed
hi everybody.i am from GREECE.waiting for the golf gti(tornado red,3d,skywindow,multi cd charger).i have to wait 4 months.2 of them have passed.now i drive a fiat punto gt 145hp.

calcio

Portugal Land of BENFICA and cristiano ronaldo

salutations from portugal
I've seen some of the videos here and they're really good. Although I prefer the MKIV - curiously my car :) - this new gti is very powerfull and i expect to see as much as possible here, now that it finally arrived my country.

latneosen

Hello from Minnesota

Thanks to all with pictures of GTI 5 Door cars, photos are hard to come by. Mine should be here this fall, about the same time my lease is up on my 2003 GTI. I will have to drive one soon to see the difference between the 1.8 and 2.0 turbo.

rz1de

Hi JJ, thanks for the killer site! Sweet avatar too. I don't have a markv, but am thinking about the 5 door. I had a 2000 vr6 GTI markiv but had to sell. Right now my daily driver is a Mazda 626 though I have a markI GTI track car...can't wait till summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.