GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Different Top Speed for American and European GTI's

GTI2007

I just saw in the GTI specs list that for America the maxiumum speed is electronically limited to 130 mph (208 kmh) while the GTI in Europe has a maximum speed of 235 kmh or if converted 147 mph

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
I'm sure with a little tunning that can be fixed :thumbsup:

Accel

Rally Car Champion
GTI2007 said:
surely, if you chips it the new program will get rid of the limiter and you can have a possible maximum speed of over 150 mph

Top speed for US GTI is 140mph, as tested by moi.

(Professional Driver on a Closed Course, Accel would like you to please not try this at home:burnrubber: )

sarpe

Ready to race!
........ and the GTI for the market American don't have the launch control
It's correct???

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
Accel said:
Top speed for US GTI is 140mph, as tested by moi.

(Professional Driver on a Closed Course, Accel would like you to please not try this at home:burnrubber: )

Did you account for the speedo inaccuarcies? Most people are measuring approx. 7-10% lower actual speed based on road/time measurements and GPS data.

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
feuerdog said:
Did you account for the speedo inaccuarcies? Most people are measuring approx. 7-10% lower actual speed based on road/time measurements and GPS data.

I am sure he accounted for lunar phase, and temporal variance in the time-space continuum.:laugh:

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
GTI2007 said:
I just saw in the GTI specs list that for America the maxiumum speed is electronically limited to 130 mph (208 kmh) while the GTI in Europe has a maximum speed of 235 kmh or if converted 147 mph

USA versions speed limited due to the poor performance tires many owners will put on the GTI, especially for winter. Most folks don't shop tires by the speed rating, and VW has to protect themselves from this.