GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ipod-What should I get

dmclone

Oval Champion
My previous car (after today) which was a Honda Element had a factory aux plug in for my Ipod. I would just hit the auxilary button on the stereo and I could adjust the songs through the Ipod itself.

I've heard about these kits that run the Ipod through the CD changer and how you have to have playlists, etc but you can control it through the steering wheelcontrols. I’m not worried about adjusting the songs through my steering controls. I would rather just control it through the Ipod itself. Is there something out there that will allow me to do this?

davesee

FIA GT Champion
yeah dmclone..

There is a choice of:
-auxillary input VW item# 000051444M for $26.00
-ipod Adapter VW item# 1K0051444 for $148.44

I should be picking up just the aux input today, and I'll post how to hook it up/use it

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Is it possible to use these parts with the single cd player??

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
with a single cd does it hook to the cd changer harness in the glove box? i am very interested in this. please send photos when you can. thanks

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
davesee said:
i have heard others saying they are using them so i believe so, if you search posts for "ipod" you may find out for sure...

ok thanx :smile:

dmclone

Oval Champion
davesee said:
yeah dmclone..

There is a choice of:
-auxillary input VW item# 000051444M for $26.00
-ipod Adapter VW item# 1K0051444 for $148.44

I should be picking up just the aux input today, and I'll post how to hook it up/use it

Have you installed this?

davesee

FIA GT Champion
atomoverride said:
Anyone look into this unit? they say its support to work with your factory head unit.

http://www.isselectronics.com/detail.jsp?item=Volkswagen&category=53073

that one looks like it the standard "replace your cd changer kind" which would make someone like me loose my ability to playback regular audio cd's because i have nav. Of course that one would work for non-nav systems..

There is one out that would allow you to switch between ipod and cd changer from the radio controls, I cant find the link now - of course

nippo_

You only live twice
Car(s)
Mk IV Golf Tiptronic
Perhaps you could go for what I have succesfully installed in my MkIV. I also had the OEM Sat-Nav with cd-changer, and I did not want to give up either. The solution for me was this:

http://www.dension.com/icelinkgateway400.php

Install time was 2 hours, total cost 300 Euros. It allows to have full control from the radio OR use the iPod wheel (my favourite). Moreover, it adds two extra inputs: USB (for other mp3 players and stereo jack (lovely with my MiniDisc). The USB subfolders also are selectable from head unit.

The only problem I encountered during the installation is that it picked up some electric buzz from the engine - easily solved applying a filter on the OEM unit power supply cord.

I could provide some pictures if you are interested.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
dude, seriously bumping almost a year old thread with a product that wont work unless you have navigation as an option.

most of us have in-dash cd changers.

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
could i buy the aux input and install it myself in the glove box...where the light is ??? thats where they are in the 07's i believe

nippo_

You only live twice
Car(s)
Mk IV Golf Tiptronic
whoops, sorry for the time lag - I joined this forum only yesterday :)
The product I mentioned is quite new though - and it is the only one that allows you to keep a cd-changer in line. Works well.
Hope this info has been useful to somebody anyway...