GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discount on GTi's?

gti oz

MotoGP tragic
Just wondering if anyone has got a discount on their GTi?

I went to 2 dealers who varied by over $1000 on the same options, the difference being their pre-delivery(expensive car wash). But neither would talk discount, even with no trade.

The 3rd dealer discounted the better price of the 2 previous by $1200, therefore they got my order.

AM59Z2x31

Go Kart Newbie
I also went to 3 dealers in Melb. No "discount" but prices varied by $1,000. Took the cheaper. As you said gti oz the differnc was in te cost of washing the car. Even on the cheaper dealer the car wash was still bloody expensive, over $1,000.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
I got a slight discount on mine, bought mine from Penrith VW, it seems they're more willing to negotiate when compared to the other dealers. It was in the $1000-$2000 region

krazibon3

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeh i heard penrith VW are willing to negotiate a better price compared to other dealers. How long is the waiting period for your gti's? i won't be ordering mine until mid year.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
sublyme said:
I got a slight discount on mine, bought mine from Penrith VW, it seems they're more willing to negotiate when compared to the other dealers. It was in the $1000-$2000 region

same as us we got ours from there too, and also got a bit of a discount too.

we also got tint and paint protction at dealer prices and the interior protection too.

afaik there is still 6-9 months wait and even longer if u want DSG

SSS_Hoon

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
sublyme said:
if I actually manage to get my hands on mine this month then it would be 8-9 months of waiting

oh you aint got yours yet? which dealer/salesperson did u go with?

we werent actually out looking for a gti my gf wanted a new car she liked the golf but thought it would be too exxy, and was set on the focus till we seen it then went no thanx, then it was the sp23 in black hatch with leather and bose mmm yeah was the goods got the quote on the price and trade in, then went home to think about it bank said yeah you can have the cash for that.

anyway went past golf at penrith seen the gti went and had a look at it, was like yeah this is good, then talked about a pricea and a trade in and the change over price wasnt too bad at all, went and talked to the bank and was like yeah we can do that, so took it for a test drive and i was hooked and so was she so we got it for 31 change over.

what options you getting sublyme.

SSS_Hoon

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
Also ordered my from Penrith - same $1000 - $2000 discount.
Sounds like they are moving a few.
sublyme - when did you order yours?
I've had mine on order since Mid Aug 05

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
sublyme - just saw your post - you ordered your car end of July.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
SSS_Hoon said:
oh you aint got yours yet? which dealer/salesperson did u go with?

we werent actually out looking for a gti my gf wanted a new car she liked the golf but thought it would be too exxy, and was set on the focus till we seen it then went no thanx, then it was the sp23 in black hatch with leather and bose mmm yeah was the goods got the quote on the price and trade in, then went home to think about it bank said yeah you can have the cash for that.

anyway went past golf at penrith seen the gti went and had a look at it, was like yeah this is good, then talked about a pricea and a trade in and the change over price wasnt too bad at all, went and talked to the bank and was like yeah we can do that, so took it for a test drive and i was hooked and so was she so we got it for 31 change over.

what options you getting sublyme.

SSS_Hoon

A guy by the name of Tony, old Asian guy was the salesperson who I got it from. I opted for a black, manual, beige leather, sunroof, xenons and got the full protection package. Wasn't really planning on getting the protection package but they had a sale that day where every car buyer gets to have a go at grabbing some cash in one of those little box things where u stand in it and they blow all the cash around and any cash you get is put towards the protection stuff. Can't remember how much I actually got it for but I know I didnt pay full retail on that.

Worked out to be $51k on the road with all the previously mentioned stuff. I was actually only looking to spend $45k that day which was going to be a black, manual with beige leather interior, then I got abit too carried away :)

I told them I wanted 3 yrs free servicing after hearing that some people managed to get it, so I had to get a letter from my employer to say that it was going to be a company leased car (although it wasn't) and they just said its up to VW to approve but I never had a definite confirmation on whether it was approved or not as the guy taking care of it was on holidays at the time and Tony just said it should be ok. So thats another thing I have to chase them up with.

Out of curiosity what car did you trade in? Im having a bad time trying to selling my existing car and with the rego expiring next week Im really looking to get rid of it by the weekend. Didn't ask VW for a trade in price because they wouldn't quote me during the time I ordered the Golf since it was going to be too far away to tell how much my car would be worth by the time I got my Golf. Might go down there and see what they offer me, though Im not expecting them to give me anything decent :(

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
damm we were lucky then we have had ours since oct last year already got 16000k on the clock hehehehehe i mean my gf has had it since oct.

we got candy white DSG no other options, sorta wishing we got satnac so we got the highline computer but oh well no big loss really, sorta spewing it dont play mp3 though.

we traded a 2002 auto lancer 1.8l coupe with factory roof and body kit think they only gave us 11000 for it, they would of sold it for at least 17k i would say, we ended up getting it for 42k drive away, we didnt get the protection through them we got them ourselves after we bought the car we got 25% or was it 30% tint and the interior and paint protection for 5 or 600 dollars instead of the 1700 VW quoted us.

Yeah tony i know tony he is a ok guy.

we just had our serviced for the 15k service and were missing the black air damm underneath the car and they orderd in for us free of charge(still waiting for it to come in though) and they fixed our headlight protecters for us one would keep falling off.

i think it was 260 for the service except they forgot to turn off the service now warning light.

as for the free service good luck....

AJW did u get served by tony too?

SSS_Hoon

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
SSS_Hoon - yes it was also Tony that sold me the car.

sublyme - I'm in the same boat as you I'm trying to sell my Subaru Liberty privately.
I've got it advertised at:
Carsales.com.au
Drive.com.au
SMH paper
Tradingpost.com.au
Tradingpost paper
Had it in just over a week - had a few calls but nothing serious yet.
I can't get anyone to have a look at yet.
Seems a bit tough out there.

Here's a pic of car that I'm selling

SlyOne

SlyOne
Car(s)
VW GOLF R32 2008
Hi Guys, I would advise to try and gain a total package with free 3 years servicing and anything you get your hand on. I bought my from Parramatta but it seems that Fivedock treat their clients well.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
penrith has treated us really well, didnt get the free service though it would of been a bonus but oh well.

so AJW, n sublyme did u take one for a test drive at all, and ahve u seen the new centre on mulgoa road its great.

SSS_Hoon

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
No I test drove mine at Brookvale near were I work - but didn't buy there.
They were just building the New car centre - so no I haven't seen it yet.
Just found out my car hasn't even been built yet - just keep waiting.
At least it gives me some more time to sell my car.