GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whatcha think of the covers?

It wasn't an exact color match, but fairly close. I have the sun visor and used the excess to cover the OEM Amber side bumper lights. Looks more sleek like the European ones.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
I'd smoke em instead

GTI2007

Luckely for me I live in Belgium (Europe) and our GTI's don't have those redicilous side blinkers on the bumpers. Cause if my GTI would have them I would get rid of the side blinkers and let the body shop fill those holes up and repaint the bumper

nomios

Touring Car Champion
Yeah, but the problem with that... at least in the US is that every year (or 2 in some States) you have to get an inspection. So unless you know someone that can pass it without those stupid lights, they will stay on. :frown:

I wish they were incorporated into the head and tail lights.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
bennylenny88 said:
shit.... whats the point in those when youve got them on your side mirrors!

Crazy US standards :rolleyes: .

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
haha yeah! just in case the mirrors fall off... or get ripped off by that uno driving woman!

Brandon

Oval Newbie
Well done with the indicators...you can barely notice them.

nomios said:
Yeah, but the problem with that... at least in the US is that every year (or 2 in some States) you have to get an inspection. So unless you know someone that can pass it without those stupid lights, they will stay on. :frown:

I wish they were incorporated into the head and tail lights.
What the hell are you talking about? Are you 15? We've never had to have inspections on the car, only smog. Oh... well this is California. Utah is probably different.
bennylenny88 said:
shit.... whats the point in those when youve got them on your side mirrors!
Also, those lights down there on the side of the bumper don't do anything except stare you in the face .

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
i'm in cali and we don't get inspected for lights like that.
nice work teknogroover. could barely see them. but, if it's a different color i would just buy the clear ones.

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:
i just installed the smoke lenses on my black magic looks great

I'd take that route if my mkv was black magic.. but it's tornado red. So, I think I'm going to go with the threadstarter's method.

Auf Wiedersehen! said:
I'd take that route if my mkv was black magic.. but it's tornado red. So, I think I'm going to go with the threadstarter's method.
Exactly. Clear would look okay, but almost looks rice on the car, except white, and smoke is awesome on the grey and black, not red or white.