GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IPOD Intergration?

Prince GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the navigation stereo in my GTI, and it includes an AUX button. I do hope that VW come up with a solution pretty fast, 'cause I'm tired of not listening to my music! I tried burning MP3's but it didn't work for some reason.

Even though I'd like to see the song title, album, etc information on the screen, I wouldn't mind not having this information, as long as the sound quality is good and I could control my iPod from the stereo and steering wheel.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
Prince GTI said:
I have the navigation stereo in my GTI, and it includes an AUX button. I do hope that VW come up with a solution pretty fast, 'cause I'm tired of not listening to my music! I tried burning MP3's but it didn't work for some reason.

Even though I'd like to see the song title, album, etc information on the screen, I wouldn't mind not having this information, as long as the sound quality is good and I could control my iPod from the stereo and steering wheel.

Prince GTI, the six disc changer wont read/play mp3 cd's at all.. it doesnt support them. If you have nav, then the only way to listen to mp3's is through the aux in, or ipod adapter.

Jamiro

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Rabbit222... I'm from Italy. I have a question for you: with VW adapter for iPod, can you see ID3 Tag on display? I have a RDC300.

Thank you.

:help: please!

:bow:

glasgow_ffm

Go Kart Newbie
Hey, all of you!

According to motortalk.de, a major German car-forum, the german firm "Dietz" will release an adapter for all VW-radios to create the possibility to connect an iPod to it, including the ability to show ID3-Tags on the Display.

The adapter will be released this April, at least according to motortalk.de, and you can have a look at a picture of that thing here:
http://www.hifi-news.info/BILDER/300dpi/carhifi/0601_dietz_ipod_interface_vw_300.jpg

For all of you capable to speak or understand German: have a look at this thread at motortalk.de:
http://www.motor-talk.de/showthread.php?s=&forumid=217&threadid=928364&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

The English webpage of "Dietz" can be found here:
http://www.dietz.biz/ENG/index.html

Just have a look at it, am not sure whether you will find anyting about that topic on that page right now, but they are having a biiig reputation, so it's definitely worthwhile to regulary check the page!

Cheers,
Andy

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
not to hijack the thread, but PrinceGTI, I was able to copy mp3's to cd's and have the titles display just fine on the stock changer unit. I used iTunes to encode mp3's.

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
how is the install on this? dealer wants $270 to have it installed

918hare

Go Kart Champion
coolme187 said:
how is the install on this? dealer wants $270 to have it installed

Check on vwvortex, someone did a full write up with pics( search ipod in the mkv fourum)Also more stuff was added by others to make it much easier. I have no install skill at all but was able to get it done with in about 1.5 to 2 hours:thumbup:

scarymonsterguy

Drag Racing Champion
iv played burned mp3 cds in my stock head unit and it actually shows the band name and song titles on the screen. and i find that the lowering of the volume problem is a little worse with the mp3 cds vs. a real cd.