GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19" Helios Phaeton Wheels

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
I mean they were built to carry a TANK. The phaeton is just huge. They are nice wheels and everything but I would rather be able to leave at the line then wait for my turbo to spool just to move my wheels.

GTI2007

Like you really gonna have that much difference when blasting off with wheels that have a weight of 32,5 pounds per wheel without tire then with wheels that have a weight of only 25 pounds per wheel without rubber. We're taking about a 200 HP engine and when chipped even a 250 HP engine. Like those extra 60 pounds gonna actually make a difference with a car that already has a standard weight of almost 3000 pounds

YenPxxx

Drag Racing Champion
GTI2007 said:
Like you really gonna have that much difference when blasting off with wheels that have a weight of 32,5 pounds per wheel without tire then with wheels that have a weight of only 25 pounds per wheel without rubber. We're taking about a 200 HP engine and when chipped even a 250 HP engine. Like those extra 60 pounds gonna actually make a difference with a car that already has a standard weight of almost 3000 pounds

I respectfully disagree... the difference of 5-10 pounds of unsprung weight at each corner of the car may make a difference in acceleration and handling, even for a person that's not tracking their car or anything. That said, those wheels look great :biggrin:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
If you want light weight 19's go with Neuspeed. Their wheels weigh only 19lbs. without tires :thumbsup:

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
no go with the O.Z ultraliggera they are sweet looking also and not so expensive. But I can tell the Helios are really good looking wheels, but expensive and heavy.

Cheers

Ricardo

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
you would have to choose between style or performance

GTI2007 said:
I don't really like those OZ Ultraliggera. If I had to choose between them and the Helios I would choose the Helios despite they have a much higher weight

Maybe you are right, is what are you looking for, a good combination between style and performance would be BBS CH, and the price tag is not so expensive than the Helios.

If I change some day wheel I would get BBS.

Cheers

Ricardo

Tay2610

Autocross Newbie
These wheels LOOK awesome!! Nebody know the price? What size of rim will it take to cause handling problems or rubing?

GTI2007

on http://vw.oempl.us/ they cost $ 2,595 for 4 wheels without rubber. For the mk5 Golf you need 225/35 R 19 or 235/35 R 19 rubber. If you choose rubber bigger than those 2 previously mentioned sizes you probably could rub the fender if you would lower the car a lot