GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Well...it was either the GTI or the Si, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
Sorry for the double post, but I just realized today that my digital camera can take video too...so I figured I would run the car around a bit so you guys can hear the sound I am talking about.

I had to hold the camera in my left hand and the wheel too, so the quality is not the best. I was turning left, and the road was clear, so why not?:smile:

Also...sorry about the dust. I need to wipe down the dash, etc.

http://media.putfile.com/MOV0058876

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I just like the idea of cheap boost increase to see dramatic acceleration increase. With N/A engines, it isn't cheap to pick up signicant acceleration. Each car has it's strong suits, Honda has the quality and high revving fun factor, VW has the niche feel of a much more expensive car as well as the German driving dynamics, awesome interior design, solidity I've never experienced, and real 4 adult passenger capability. Not to mention for once, other than BMW and Honda in other comparisons, the GTI has won every single comparison both in the US and Europe.

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Slowride said:
Sorry for the double post, but I just realized today that my digital camera can take video too...so I figured I would run the car around a bit so you guys can hear the sound I am talking about.

I had to hold the camera in my left hand and the wheel too, so the quality is not the best. I was turning left, and the road was clear, so why not?:smile:

Also...sorry about the dust. I need to wipe down the dash, etc.

http://media.putfile.com/MOV0058876

Sounds very good indeed! :thumbsup:

PS So you are another one of those that doesn't give a damn about break-in huh? =)

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
KharatosGTI said:
Sounds very good indeed! :thumbsup:

PS So you are another one of those that doesn't give a damn about break-in huh? =)

I had to road trip the car already, so I am over 1000 miles easy...closer to 1600 actually. She is broke in alright.

The mileage will go back to normal now.

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
Cool. Don't you guys feel like we should be salesmen part time?

I don't think any one I've ever met at a Honda dealership made the car sound as appealing as the on ramp story.

Sweet.

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
the_saint said:
What exactly does it take to be a [new car]salesman?

Not sure, because I have never been one.

I know that in other sales professions, it helps to know your product inside and out, and never let the customer educate you. Also, the competition should be viewed with respect, and it should never be insulted by a professional salesperson. Customers are not stupid people en masse, and have avenues to research things far more than in the past. Many times, a customer comes into a dealer with a few cars in mind. They are stopping in to shop, simply look, or possibly to be convinced to buy the car that you sell. If you really like the GTI, but enter a Subaru dealer just to compare vehicles, and you ask the salesperson what they think about the GTI and they say, "Pffft...this 2.5L 2006 engine in the WRX will walk all over that thing, you don't want one of those", I can guarantee that you would get offended and start crossing that Subaru off the list.

Many a salesperson has lost many a sale to me because there was something I didn't like about either their demeanor, knowledge level, or presentation. Often times, I already know what I want, and I am just looking for the right person to hand me the item. One of my first questions when am I car shopping is what colors the car comes in, and the horsepower of the engine. If the salesperson doesn't know, you can probably bet that they don't know the actual fine details that will become important later in the deal. Believe it or not, many of them won't know these two basic things, especially if the are a large dealer with brand saturation.

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
never been one but was asked a couple of times by gsm's (general sales manager) if i would like to work for them. i would say i'm a little aggressive when dealing for cars and what i'm thinking is.......they just want someone that is pretty aggressive and that could make the sale. but of course, they would want you to know the product.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
h82bslo said:
never been one but was asked a couple of times by gsm's (general sales manager) if i would like to work for them. i would say i'm a little aggressive when dealing for cars and what i'm thinking is.......they just want someone that is pretty aggressive and that could make the sale. but of course, they would want you to know the product.

What was your reason for not accepting thier offer?

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
To me personally there is no comparing a European car and a Japanese car, no matter what price range or class your looking at or whatever the performance may be. I think Japanese cars are great, but it basically boils down to 2 types of people.

Porsche 911 vs. Acura NSX
BMW M3 vs. Nissan 350z
Audi A8 vs. Lexus LS400
VW GTI vs. Honda Civic SI

I'll take the German car in every instance. My dad would take the Japanese. I love and respect my dad, but that's the difference.

You've now been schooled.

Status
Not open for further replies.