GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoCal MKV Owners

Lets get to know each other here in SoCal.

I'm Travis, 19, 20 in April. Work at Starbucks, go to college. First time owning a VW, and a car with turbo, and second time owning a stick. Obsessed with Techno and Japanese anything.

allx11

Drag Race Newbie
I'm Alex, 26 Fedex ground contractor. 3rd DUB ( Last 2 MK2's), First turbo car. Hardest thing regarding my car is holding off on moding it. oh yeah and im from San Diego, any one W/ VAG-COM localy???

whats up,
im brett, 19, and my mom actually just got a mkV 2 days ago.
were sort of sharing it though. its so amazing, i love it.
i have an 01 subaru impreza but the GTI is really nice.

kuhla

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2000 Ford Ranger XL
Hi,
I'm Andrew, 19, 20 in April (same as Travis lol). Work for a county agency and go to local university. I don't have my GTI just yet, give me a month, but it will be my first VW and first turbo car. I currently own a 00 Ford Ranger XL, previously owned a 86 Volvo 740GLE.

Herby

Autocross Newbie
Herby, 20, 21 in May, I live in LA and am currently attending a state university in my area...I want to get a MkV, but probably won't be able to for at least another year.

I do have a 62 Beetle and am a part of an aircooled club called AirSpeed:biggrin:

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
Hey, I'm Jason, MKIV owner in So Cal, need some motivation for a trade in... I'm starting to like the MKV GTI's

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie
Hi, I'm Danny 23, 24 in June. I'm a Sr. Mortgage Banker @ a Firm in Irvine and I own a C230K 6speed Benz, but i am working on an 84' Full restoration Gti Project. The car is now fully stripped and had the whole thing repainted.. Project should be done mid-april/June..

You just wait and see !!

Accel

Rally Car Champion
I'm Dane, 20, live in Chino Hills, sell cell phones in Anaheim Hills, I've had my GTI for a few months now, and at just about 5,000 miles. I play hockey, and ski during the winter!

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I'm Michael and I work at Burger King if anyone wants to know down in Monrovia. I don't have a GTI, but I plan on owning one.

onthevirg

Oval Champion
Hey Guys,
Virgil here, 34 out in the IE (Riverside). Be the 4th VW between my g/f and I. Just hitting 600 miles on the ticker, love driving this thing! Later.

burro

Ready to race!
Hi everyone.
I'm Roy, 29 (30 in July). I live in Loma Linda and work in Riverside. I have had VWs since I got my DL, but this is my first GTI and I love it!

BTW- I have VAG-COM (hex usb+can) in case anyone local needs to use it.

onthevirg

Oval Champion
Wanted to thank Burro for hooking a brother up w/ some long coding last night and answering a lot of n00b questions @ the local GTG. Took care of my DRL's and did the auto window control from the key fob. Was also cool to meet some of the local dubbers. Thanks again Roy, I'll get ya the beer I owe ya @ the next GTG :thumbsup:

onthevirg said:
Wanted to thank Burro for hooking a brother up w/ some long coding last night and answering a lot of n00b questions @ the local GTG. Took care of my DRL's and did the auto window control from the key fob. Was also cool to meet some of the local dubbers. Thanks again Roy, I'll get ya the beer I owe ya @ the next GTG :thumbsup:
Whoa, explain the GTG. The main reason why I started this SoCal Thread for us to hang out in person. Give some info for us.

burro

Ready to race!
Ok, although I have heard of the Riverside GTG for years, last night was the first time I actually went. It's at the Starbucks, across the street from the Tyler mall in Riverside. Pretty much just dubbers hanging out. There was only about 6 or 7 cars yesterday, but I heard at times there are several dozen. I think they do it on Sundays and Thursdays. It's normally posted on the 'tex here

Oripaamoni

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everybody
my name is Ori i am 19 and this is my 2nd VW (2004.5 passat chip 18" H&R bla bla) anyways if you want an awesome gtg there is one every wednesday in clairmont http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=178&day=2006-3-1&c=1 i have been going for about 2 years awesome group of guys at least 20 cars every meet but sometimes its around 50... i was the first to start going with a MKV GTI but now there is one more GTI and One MKV GLI. Yall should roll down sometime :thumbup: