GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wondering?

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
can GTI owners please respond with the mileage there cars had on them when they purchased them from the dealer? What i'm trying to get at is how many miles mine had on it from factory test drives/customer test drives etc... Plus I had mine driven up to me and am wondering how many miles were on it before the guy drove it up... reply's are appreciated.

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
About 40.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Thank you for your responses... Appreciate the info.

Mine had 400 miles on it, but I guess the fact that it was driven 380 from Florida to Atlanta doens't help. It really annoyed me at first, but like any new toy the anxiety settles after a while.

Last edited:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
i appreciate the outlook

thanks for that theraputic repsonse. I know i shouldn't trip about a couple hundred miles on my new baby, but if I didn't have to work to pay the dam monthly car payment I would have gotten her myself. Anyhow the guy who drove it up here was like 70 years old and has 4 VW's and he didn't go over 60mph, so i guess it's no biggie, plus in a month I won't even care. The other fact is that if there was something defective on the car it would have busted during the drive up here and I would have asked for another one, rather than finding out 2 weeks into it, and getting stuck with a car in the shop, when I got like 10 hot dates lined up trying to show off my new wheels.....

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
stupid of me not to check this before driving out. it was a 15 minute journey home. i noticed it said 11 miles midway so it was probably about 8 miles when i left.