GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Puttinontheshades

AJChenMPH

Lt. Commander, USPHS
kidkusu said:
Any body got their FAST tinted up yet?
At first, I thought you had sunglasses made for that mascot. :biggrin:

Ah, another DoD breathen. (Actually, I'm not DoD but I am uniformed services.) You based at Ft. Rucker?

Yes please, what did you pay? Also the 15% is nice, but too dark in the front for me. I'd get 15% in the back and mayb 25% up front. The cops in my town hate tint.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
Horizon said:
kidkusu,

How good is that tint while driving around at night or even day? Is it hard to see out of?
It isn't that bad actually, the back definatly looks darker than the front, i guess because of window size. It took a little getting used to(bout 5 minutes) at night cause it has been years since i've had tint on front windows, but ll in all i am satisfied

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:
what'd you all pay for your tint jobs? i got a price and wanted to see if i am being raped or not.
The hole job cost me $179. It is LLUMAR window film which has a lifetime guarentee in all 50 states and Germany, Japan, and Canada. you can check it out at http://www.llumar.com to find a local dealer/installer

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
AJChenMPH said:
At first, I thought you had sunglasses made for that mascot. :biggrin:

Ah, another DoD breathen. (Actually, I'm not DoD but I am uniformed services.) You based at Ft. Rucker?
I am in Rucker, I am only here for Flight Training right now and will be leaving here within the next 3 to 6 months. I have almost completed my flight training on the UH-60 Blackhawk (helicopter for those interested), and I am trying to get stationed back in Germany

Brandon

Oval Newbie
Dealership will be applying a 35% tint before i take delivery.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
herrstreet said:
did you have to remove the blue tint that the windows come with from the factory before doing the new one?
There was no blue tint that i could see allready on it. If so it is factory in the glass so there should be nothing to peel off. that atleast was how the rear windows of my Magnum were. But i do not recall any tint in the windows at all. If so it was very light

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I just got mine back I'll get some pics up. I got 15% in back and on front window strip, 35% all around cause the last thing I need is for my wife to get pulled over in my car for tint.
Here's some pics...and yes I know the car is filthy. It has been raining for awhile.

Last edited:

GTI2007

kidkusu said:
There was no blue tint that i could see allready on it. If so it is factory in the glass so there should be nothing to peel off. that atleast was how the rear windows of my Magnum were. But i do not recall any tint in the windows at all. If so it was very light

the blueish tint whish is in it from the factory is coated onto the window and is only something of a 5% and is like kidkusu said not a film

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
According to the Euro specs though the factory tint does keep out the UV rays and it looks not too bad on my black magic but.....

Have to say though that yours looks very smart...my boss recently had his Freelander windows done mmmmm...Im soooo tempted :thumbup:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Forgot to add that ONCE AGAIN, my car was the gunnie pig. My car was the first new GTI they had done so I was quoted the price for the old GTI. The guy said it was harder because of the rear window in the hatch. I got it for $190 after tax.....the new price he said would be $250, same as they charge for the bugs. OOOHH YEAH!!!

Mainy

Ready to race!
The pics look great guys :cool:

In the UK it is ILLEGAL to tint the front driver and passenger side windows :mad: so I'm pretty envious of all your cars - apart from the ride height that you all have :thumbsup: