GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discount on GTi's?

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
I haven't seen the new place as yet but I guess I will see it soon enough :)

$260 for the first service, seems ok I guess considering its 15000km, would have spent more on servicing my 200sx considering its a 5000km service interval instead. How do you guys feel about leaving a turbo car for so long without changing oil though? I know I kinda feel abit paranoid since im not used to doing that.

I forgot to mention I got the tint as well, the darkest legal one so thats 30% or something? I kinda liked the look of the windows untinted though with the blue tinge and all but I know the heat will get to me eventually.

I test drove the manual and DSG at Parramatta its closer to my place, felt kinda bad considering the fact that I test drove it there but didnt buy it from there but at the end of the day business is business, they just weren't willing to negotiate as much. The DSG was nice but I just couldnt get used to shifting without a clutch but I know I'll regret it when im in peak hour traffic, and Im gonna miss that launch control! Tony offered me a test drive which was pretty good considering Five Dock wouldn't let me test drive it without putting down a deposit, Parramatta was the same till I came back a second time. I just made sure to tell myself that if they're not willing to take my business seriously then I'll go elsewhere where they won't screw me around.

AJW - I just put my car for consigment just over the weekend at a car dealer in Five Dock to see how I go with it. Theres no money to pay to leave the car there, they're quite interested in buying my car but I just don't wanna let it go for such a low price. Just tell them how much you want for the car and they'll try to sell it for you and keep whatever they manage to sell on top of your price that you asked. If after the weekend I still have no luck then I might take it to VW to see what they'll give me for it and take the highest offer from there.

If it all works out well you might want to do the same but it really depends on how desperate you are to sell. Im hoping it works out in the end because selling cars are a headache!

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
I went for the DSG - spend about 1 1/2 hours a day in traffic, about 20% of that in slow traffic, so the clutch is a bit of a drag.
After 20 years driving only manuals I felt like something different.
I also got the window tint - darkest legal.
Do you know who does the cars for Penrith VW?

Re. my current car -
I guess now that I've found out my car hasn't been made yet, (I'm still 5 weeks off min) , then some of the pressure is off to sell my current car.
I've had one person offer about 2K less than I'd like - but that was over the phone.
I'll just try and wait it out a bit before a get too desperate.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
we test drove it at penrith was great i am a manual man myself but one drive of the dsg and i was hooked i tell ya. we went for a few cruises with the opel club and coming down the putty road with the paddle shifts is great you dont need to take ya hands of the wheel to change gears awsome i tell ya, and it handles so good the only thing is i think the ass end is a bit too stiff for our roads but all good.

it keeps up and holds its own with a modified astra turbo sri and leaves stock ones behind.

you guys wont be dissapointed that is for sure, there is a red one for sale somewhere on car sales.com with only 18klm on the clock if your interested and dont want to wait.

did u guys have to leave a deposit already?

we left 100 on 2 conditions 1 was that we needed a test drive and that the bank said yes to our finance. they told us to check to make sure we could get insurance first, as the car we got was a cancelled order well the guy couldnt get insurance so he didnt want it maybe y we got a discount on it as they already got his deposit.my gf got insurance no problems with nrma and it was only 2 dollars a month more exxy then her lancer was

the new showroom is great all the dealerships in the one place is great and even a cafe there, the service department is all in one though, which i dont like, but was told taht the gti have there own dedicated service team that only deal with them.

SSS_Hoon

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
i paid $1000 deposit, I still have to organise finance, pretty confident it should be ok considering Ive had a car loan before without any late payments, and my main reason for getting the GTI was because it was a new car and insurance would be cheaper than the 200sx and was going to be cheaper to maintain despite being a Euro car. Hope Im right about the maintenance, just don't wanna be changing too many things I guess though Im tempted to get the APR chip after reading all the positive feedback.

Seems you were lucky that you came at the right time, I had a few offers on cancelled orders but after not being able to choose the colour/specs of my current car to my exact preference I thought Id wait it out so that I can get exactly what I wanted this time.

AJW - 5 weeks to go before its made? I think you'd still need to add at least a month after that before it hits the road, I think a month ago I called them up and they confirmed that my car was built and said it should be on the boat not too long after that. Called them a couple weeks ago and they said the car has arrived in Sydney already but no idea when it will be ready. In some ways I don't mind the wait but its more the stress of having to go through selling the car and organising finance etc. that bothers me, I just want to drive the GTI already! :p

It honestly feels the last 8 months have really flown by!

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Just an update, Tony just rang me this afternoon to say that the car is at the dealer and asked me when I wanted it as he would be able to get it ready by Friday. With all this car selling drama I told him to give it another week, wonder how often they get a customer telling them to delay it? hehe

So by next week I'll be a GTI owner too :)

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
we just got back from anther dyno day, we got 126.6fwkw and the last one we got 126fwkw in our DSG there was a stock manual there he got 127fwkw, and there was a chipped apr manual and he got 133fwkw and there was a race car mkv gti manual with a giac chip and mufflerless zorst and it got 153fwkw.

congrats man you will have heaps of fun i tell ya.

SSS_Hoon

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
nice figures there, but im surprised that the APR manual got less than 10kw gain from the chip? From what I heard they up the boost with the chip as well so I would have thought the increased boost alone would have given a 10kw gain on its own and more once u alter air/fuel ratios.

The GIAC chip sounds like it performs alot better from the sounds of things though theres probably more to it than that. I was reading on vwvortex about the dyno run u guys had and the 125ish kw sounds pretty consistant with the GTIs.

Did u manage to see how much more torque the APR manual had as opposed to the standard ones?

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
the APR chipped one did have alot more mid range then stock just not top end i think in the range of about 15-20kw more from about 3000rpm to 5500rpm then they both sorta came to a halt together.

The GIAC one is a race car so there prolly is more to it then that, but apprently the race map has mroe in it, they took the race map out and put there latest version of the GIAC chip in there version 4 i think Seb said it was, they have no air con in there so the intercooler is more direct air but i doubt that would ahve much to do with it.

SSS_Hoon

krazibon3

Passed Driver's Ed
hey guys jsut wondering how much you got your GTi's for and what features you got?

I'm interested in getting a Gti but i don't know how far i can push the price down too.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
krazibon3 - I think I mentioned how much I got mine for in an earlier post but here it is again:

Features:
- Black metallic paint
- 6sp manual
- sunroof
- xenon lights
- beige leather
- window tinting
- 3yrs servicing (unsure whether this one actually went through though)
- full protection package
- euro plates

Price - $51k on the road

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
how much did they rip you for the full protection?

you know that getting it detailed and polished/waxed twice a year will do the same thing, and the inside just scotch guard it.

51k on the road sounds a bit exxy aint it?

SSS_Hoon

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
full protection was $1500, forgot how much it was retail.

Heres the breakdown from the sales contract:

* Sale price of motor vehicle (incl. GST) - $39990

OPTIONS
-----------------------
* Metallic Paint - $690
* Leather Pack - $2990
* Sun Roof - $1890
* Xenon lights - $1890
* Tints - $0
-----------------------
OPTIONS TOTAL - $7460
-----------------------

PROTECTION PACKAGE
-----------------------
* Protection package - $1500
* Stamp Duty (protection package) - $45 <-- dunno why
-----------------------
PROTECTION TOTAL - $1545
-----------------------

OTHER
------------------------
* Dealer Charges (inc GST) - $1995
* Stamp Duty - $1465
* Rego (Euro Plates) - $439
* Comp. CTP - $329
-------------------------------------------
OTHER TOTAL - $4228
SUB TOTAL - $53223
Discount - ($2178)
TOTAL - $51045

It does sound expensive but thats how the numbers are, I took a huge hit on trading in my car today too :( Looks like Im gonna have to deal with a big debt for another 5 years damn it!

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
damm we got our full protection plus tint for 600 bucks.

so how much trade did they give you for your car?

SSS_Hoon

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Damn your not making me feel any better here :cry: hehe

Sold it to another dealer for a measley $14250 for a 1999 Nissan 200sx with 125000km and full log books. It has a 3" exhaust and front mount intercooler, bosch 040 fuel pump and whiteline springs with KYB shocks and no accidents.

Rego was due on Wednesday and tyres needed replacing but it still hurts to have let it go for such a low price :brokenheart:

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
sublyme - glad that your car has arrived.
Not so good about your current car that you had to sell.
Seems like the second-hand market is a bit tough at the moment.
I've had a bit of interest in my current car recently, have someone looking at it tonight so hopefully I should be able to sell it without too much discount.

Let us know how it goes when you pick the GTI up.