GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Launching w/ DSG

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
Another quick question on the dsg. Can you move it from manual, to drive, to sport, or any one of them while you're actually moving on the highway etc, like say i was in drive, and wanted it more aggressive, could i move it to Sport safely while moving, or vice versa, or to manual mode, etc.? Thanks

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
dwl137 said:
Another quick question on the dsg. Can you move it from manual, to drive, to sport, or any one of them while you're actually moving on the highway etc, like say i was in drive, and wanted it more aggressive, could i move it to Sport safely while moving, or vice versa, or to manual mode, etc.? Thanks

Yeah, that's definitely okay. You'll even notice that when you go from Drive to Sport (or vise-versa) while driving, you don't even realize it; it's a very smooth transition.

Also, if you're in Drive or Sport and would like to drive in Manual, you don't have to flick the shifter to the +/- position. You can just go straight to the paddles and shift. After a minute or so (I haven't timed it, yet), it will go back to automatic. Or, if you want to go back to automatic right away, hold the + paddle for one second.

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
When I drove a DSG and tried the sport mode. when i was on drive at like 2200rpm and then threw it to s the rpm went to 3000. So i definetely felt it but the response was twise as much on the peddal.

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
And Bouston since you asked.... (Camera Phone so blurry)