GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found out some stuff bout the radio

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
If this is old all ready been posted newslet me know and Ill kill this thread. Reading the book today found out if you push and hold the scan button on the radio, turnie one on the right, it goes into a setup option and you can adjust your SPEED SENSITIVE VOLUME, You know where your radio turns up or down depending on houw fast or slow you are going. You can also choose MP3 detail to be displayed, volume control when the system is turned on and there is even an option to have song title scroll on the display if they are too long to fit on the screen. Another thing i found is if you have the SAT radio you press and hold down the CD button while listening to your CDs(audio or MP3) it will go into a shuffle mode. Go back to the Scan button and you can choose to shuffle discs, song on a cd or even folders on MP3 cd's.
Prittdamn :w00t:

kidkusu said:
Another thing i found is if you have the SAT radio you press and hold down the CD button while listening to your CDs(audio or MP3) it will go into a shuffle mode. Go back to the Scan button and you can choose to shuffle discs, song on a cd or even folders on MP3 cd's.
This is the only thing not talked about. SWEET!

AM59Z2x31

Go Kart Newbie
A quick question, can you play MP3s if you have the sat radio? What other OEM options are there which can play MP3s?
Reason I'm asking is that in Aus there is nothing avaliable that will play MP3s except after market. Seems tha the US gets a better speced sound system!!

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
AM59Z2x31 said:
A quick question, can you play MP3s if you have the sat radio? What other OEM options are there which can play MP3s?
Reason I'm asking is that in Aus there is nothing avaliable that will play MP3s except after market. Seems tha the US gets a better speced sound system!!
Yea you can play MP3 if you have the SAT radio. That is the one I have so i havnt read up on the others but I think youu can listen to MP3 on three radio options the US models get.

AM59Z2x31 said:
So we get a better OEM headunit, and they get better OEM springs. I'd take the springs over the headunit. I've always traded out my headunits.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Interesting, thanx:smile: .... Evereday I learn something new about the GTI, I love it!!

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
Bit confused by this post. I have a std radio/cd..still waiting for my 6cd unit but I have a setup option that allows me to change thew GALA as above or am I missing someat. Gonna check this out though.

Yeah checked it and there is a setup option and nothing happens if I do the above so must have a different unit.

Last edited:

richrjr

One thing I can't figure out, which would be very nice, is when using the Sat radio (Sirius) sometimes the title of whatever is on doesn't fit across the LCD screen and it gets chopped off on the right. I know the aftermarket systems actually scroll whatever is on the their LCD.

beltzner

The blur in your mirror
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV
Another fun tip: after getting into the setup menu, press and hold the button again. You'll enter the diagnostic view. Nothing that you can really do here, but still kinda interesting!

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
coooooool

techcho

Ready to race!
If this is old all ready been posted newslet me know and Ill kill this thread. Reading the book today found out if you push and hold the scan button on the radio, turnie one on the right, it goes into a setup option and you can adjust your SPEED SENSITIVE VOLUME, You know where your radio turns up or down depending on houw fast or slow you are going. You can also choose MP3 detail to be displayed, volume control when the system is turned on and there is even an option to have song title scroll on the display if they are too long to fit on the screen. Another thing i found is if you have the SAT radio you press and hold down the CD button while listening to your CDs(audio or MP3) it will go into a shuffle mode. Go back to the Scan button and you can choose to shuffle discs, song on a cd or even folders on MP3 cd's.

Great Info~ better go check it out..

btw, are you really in Seoul? You must be like the only one
with a GTI in Korea!?