GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

keep my tt or buy a mkv gti?

Mainy

Ready to race!
Hi Jay

I too owned a TT225 prior to my GTI.

All I can say is change it NOW, the GTI really is a more rounded package and handles far better (well on euro suspension anyway :thumbsup: )

As for the looks, well yeas the TT does look better but personally I'd rather have something that drives better, you can always look at other TTs to get your fix :thumbsup:

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
For the modds you would definetely need dogbones-new engine mounts which improve the steering and traction by a lot on modded GTI so I think at up to 300 hp you will be good but I don't think the traction will be as good as stock.

bilbos

On the Kop
I have previously had a TT aswell (225 TTR), and now own a GTi. My limited experience with the golf so far indicates that the power delivery is a lot smoother whereas with the TT you used to get a big shove in the back around the 3K rpm mark. I also thought the TT was underpowered and I should have really got around to chipping it, but never did.
The primary reason I bought the TT was that I wanted a convertible and the TT was by far the best looking one around. It is a design classic. In fact the only reason that I sold it was because I moved to the US with my job. If I hadn't, the TT would still be in my driveway. There is nothing quite like blasting along with the roof down on a summers day with the music pumping :headbang:
The GTi is also a great car, but in a different way. It offers a greater deal of practicality than the TT but for me, given the choice, it would be TT all the way.