GOLFMKV

Hello everyone. Welcome to the forum. Introduce yourselves here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BodegaBay

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Good clean, simple, and fun site JJ! I've been away from VW since selling my Corrado VR6 five years ago and yearned for the day I would return. The MkV GTI has really piqued my interests and I'm waiting for the 4/5 door GTI to arrive.

Hi everyone.

car

Autocross Champion
Hello all, great site you've got here. I became hooked on the MkV a few weeks ago when I had my 98 GTI in to the dealer, and have spent those weeks trying to convince my better half that this is the car we need. Fate made the final decision as I rolled and totaled my 98 last sunday. Though it was a sad, sad day to put my companion of eight years down, I'm happy to say that I'm picking up my United Grey pkg1 on Tuesday!

Live2Fast

Passed Driver's Ed
How Do...

Shout out to my fellow newbies!! Just wanted to say thanks for the site. Waitin on the 5 door!! Tornado red, package #2 18" Monza's, and got to hve the LEATHER!:headbang:

Hey wats goin on guys, i drive an 04' GTI that is dark grey.....5speed, beautiful car the turbo kicking in is like music to my ears, but i just drove the 06 GTI and the turbo on the 06 has such a better responce than the 1.8t engine its amazing, i heard the 06 in dsg with the paddle shift is faster than the 6spd but i would perfer the 6spd, i am thinking of trading in my 04 for the 06 probably in white or black, if any one has an 06 and can give me a first hand experience i would appriciate it:w00t:

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
Trust me when I say that you won't believe the difference. I too, has a 98, that I hated to part with. I had buyers remorse up until I went 20 feet in my new package #2 DSG.......congrats...you made a good choice.

markda

Hi all,

I have just joined, from the UK, I haven't yet purchased a GTI. I currently own a 2003 Audi TT 3.2 DSG Coupe, which I need to change for something with practical rear seating.

I recently had an Audi A3 2.0T as a courtesy car, very impressed with improvements over the old 1.8T VAG engine (which seemed to have lots of lag). Not really into the styling of the A3, so starting to think the GTI is the natural choice.

I will probably just be lurking for a while, while I decide if this marque is for me...

Just want to say hi, finally i found a cool wolkswagen site were intelligent people can talk. i just got back from a vw dealership were i test drove the new GTI with DSG and all i have to say is sweet!! volkswagen has really came up in this world. I have always loved vw and had two a 86 GTI and a 89GLI Jetta witch i still have, as i am writing this the jetta is getting a 300hp black VR6 droped in with 5- speed, after this project is down i will buy the new GTI, one for shows and one to drive daily.:burnrubber:

blue4uevo8

introductions

Hello!
I just wanted to introduce myself. I've owned several German cars in my 38 years of life. I started with (and don't laugh) a 1976 porsche 914 2.0 from which I went to a 1981 924 turbo. In 1986 I purchased a 1985 BMW 325e and then a 1992 325i (at this point my wife had traded in her 89 slaab 900 for a 92 slaab 900 [what was the point?!!!]). 1995 was a big year as my younger sister parked her 1980 scirocco in my drive and left it there! My wife purchased a 1995 jetta 3 GLS that year and we bought a mazda miata.
1999 we purchased a new BMW 323i and a mark 4 gti vr6 (we had a lot of problems with that one.) In 2002 we leased a BMW x5 and I purchased a Subaru WRX (this one too was not so good, it spent a lot of time at the dealer) and a 1989 Porsche 951 Turbo S that was owned by or local Porsche (and BMW and Subaru and Mitsubishi) dealer. In 2003 I purchased a 2003 jazz blue 20AE GTI (because the r32 wasn't available and VW wouldn't confirm anything!), this was by far the worst in reliability but ranked very high on the fun to drive list! I did sell this car after 6 mos of ownership however because of quality issues (paint peeling off the front valance, a drivers window and switch that had been replaced twice (each of them, the window would just fall into the door [because of the regulator] and the switch would stick, a ABS light that would trip for no reason etc. etc. etc.)
That is when I purchased the EVO. This car has been great and I will most likely keep it even after I buy an R32.
Anyway, as you can tell I like cars, fun cars to be exact. Thanks for taking the time and thanks for the great site!

bludrummk5

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
first post

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this site and it is deffinately the coolest I've encountered so far. I share our passion for the distinctly European feel of Golfs and appreciate the culture of the whole VW scene. My first real car was a 1.8T Passat and I've owned VW ever since. I traded the Passat for an 03' VR6 GTI and fell in love with it's linear torque and throatier growl. Drove the heck out of that car then bought a used R32 with 27,000 mi. and a few mods. It came with H&R springs, CCP rear control arms, VF pendulum mount, flapper mod, and P-Flow intake. I switched out the P-Flow for a K&N short ram, then added a GIAC chip, 22 mm. Neuspeed rear sway, and re-attached the flapper due to loss of low end torque( although sound was killer and still is after 3500 rpms). I love my car but the payments are steep and I could make a little $ if I sell now before it depreciates due to introduction of MK5. I'm considering buying a basemodel Black Magic MK5 GTI for invoice and modding it. Din't like the look at first but the test drive was a blast and the "Sportec" Black Magic photo inspired me to create my own asthetic. My buddy at E-Motion Autowerks here in Las Vegas recently installed chip and intake on a MK5 with Monoblock wheels and said it shreds. He's a no b.s. kind of guy and altghough the MK5 GTI is not 4-motion, the 2.0T is very capable. Hard to part with my R though. I think the communication on this site is great, and the pics and video are much appreciated. Rock on.

black2.0t

Drag Race Newbie
hey guys. will i'm glad to see a site made only for the mkv

Status
Not open for further replies.