GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

At last...

bilbos

On the Kop
Went back to the dealers yesterday to have another go with the DSG version. Ended up walking away with the car that we test drove. It is United Grey with DSG, 18"'s and Pkg 1. It has also got the optional "gorilla gear" in the trunk. I thought I would post some pics.

The acceleration is incredible although I am on the break-in period so no red-lining just yet.

:biggrin:

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Lovely pics, and lovely car!

I really want those Monster Mats, we don't get them in the UK :cry:
Any pics of the Gorilla Gear stuff? I've been curious about that too... man, you guys get so many nice extras over there that VW UK refuse to accept exist...

I also really like the little orange running lights that US cars have in general on the front bumper... I think that they look quite nice on the GTI. I've been toying with the idea of somehow getting them on my car but I don't want to buy a whole new front bumper for the sake of two small lights!

LordNikon

Autocross Champion
cmdrfire said:
I also really like the little orange running lights that US cars have in general on the front bumper... I think that they look quite nice on the GTI. I've been toying with the idea of somehow getting them on my car but I don't want to buy a whole new front bumper for the sake of two small lights!

Thats pretty funny as most people here don't like the orange lights and rather have the Euro bumper.

swami

Go Kart Newbie
Nice car...I'm gonna add United Gray to my color options. I really want a white or silver, but those pics have me reconsidering.:cool:

bilbos

On the Kop
cmdrfire said:
Lovely pics, and lovely car!

I really want those Monster Mats, we don't get them in the UK :cry:
Any pics of the Gorilla Gear stuff? I've been curious about that too... man, you guys get so many nice extras over there that VW UK refuse to accept exist...

I will try and take some pictures of the gorilla gear stuff. The trunk is a bit of a mess at the moment as the normal carpet mats are in there aswell as the gorilla gear.
It seems a really good addition. Plastic strips with velcro on the base that connect together, and then attach to the trunk liner, in order to hold things in place while you travel. A very good idea :thumbsup:

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
LordNikon said:
Thats pretty funny as most people here don't like the orange lights and rather have the Euro bumper.

Heh... I can see how they take away the sleekness of the bumper, but I think they're really characterful and they'd be pretty unique over here.
I drive with my sidelights on all the time, so if I could link 'em up to go on at the same time that'd be a pretty nice effect in low-light. Do a swap with someone maybe? :wink:

bilbos, the gorilla gear sounds so neat compared to my workaround solution here (got the VW semi-rigid load liner thing, about ten different cables of varying length with various clips/hooks at the end, and anything that goes in there for any length of time (flashlight, coolbox, toolbag) is tied down to the attach points in the boot). Means that moving stuff around is a pain (have to unhook and then rehook everything). I have to have it this way though as I drive rather... err... "enthusiastically" :biggrin: and so can't have stuff rolling around. A system of blocks that I can quickly rearrange to suit loads would be so nice...

Are you serious? It's the Cruise Control Controller. Pull toward you sets the cruise option, push back turns it off. Up is Accel, Down is Decel, Button on end it Set.

bilbos

On the Kop
TeknoGroover said:
Are you serious? It's the Cruise Control Controller. Pull toward you sets the cruise option, push back turns it off. Up is Accel, Down is Decel, Button on end it Set.

You beat me too it!!! I obviously need to type faster :biggrin:

GTI2007

But I was looking on every dashboard pic of european GTI's and there anybody has it. Probably something just for the NA GTI. Here our cruise control controller looks like this:

Newcastle

Drag Racing Champion
I have those same floormats and the gorilla gear trunk liner. I love them, the honeycomb on the floormats is a very nice touch. Its nice that VW includes stock floor mats with the car, but IMO they seem a bit cheaply made compared to others.

I was originally going to get the United Grey, but the only one around when I bought mine had almost 200 miles on it, so I got the Candy White, which I like, but I really wanted the United Grey.

Congratulations on a good buy, hope you really enjoy it. As mine has passed 1000 miles it has gotten smoother and the gas mileage has increased somewhat even though I am driving it a bit harder now that it is "broken in".

Newcastle