GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EVOMS V-FLow

Anders @ EVO

Go Kart Champion
100% Plastic construction (just like OEM uses) - This allows us to have smoother transitions of the 4 different ID's this intake requires that would be impossible to recreate with any metal intake system. Using plastic also allows us to control the inside diameter to tighter tolerances than with something like carbon where the molds are outer diameter dependent (hence the smooth finish on the outside). Our transistions occur over several inches to keep slopes less than 15% (very smooth flowing!!!) The plastic construction also retains less heat than other materials (which is why most OEM intakes are plastic).

We use a 6" venturi with a large custom filter that wraps around it. This does many things, but its main purpose is to increase the velocity of the air...hence V-flow This was originally used on our 911 996TT intake system and had such great results with power increases that we have been adapting it to all of our other lines as well! The filter was specifically designed on a flowbench with the venturi, to control and promote the beneficial characteristics of this unique feature.

And lastly that I can think of is the heatshield/airbox that we have designed to supplement our kit. Our heatshield is also of plastic construction and shields the filter portion of the intake from the engine bay. The beginning half of the fresh air duct (OEM) is retained and fills the airbox with fresh cooler outside air. Not to mention it gives a really great finishing look to the part!!!!

These should be out in about 4 weeks with a price of around $200 keep an eye out!!!

******This image is of our prototype intake, it is of metal construction and is 3 pieces where the finsihed product will only be 2 for smoother transitions as well. We have a replacement engine cover in the design stages so to keep a factory look after our intake is installed!!*******

*****These dynos were done with an early version of GIAC (beleive before it was released) and our prototype piece. Our production intake will have better airflow than the prototype, and the current GIAC software is much more aggressive - just a disclaimer for the numbers on the dyno, they will be higher ;)*******

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Not bad. Do you have any pix of the aftermarket engine cover designed to fit around this intake?

Anders @ EVO

Go Kart Champion
we have several designs we are working on, so I don't have any official release yet. All I can tell you is they all utilize the silver plastic cover that snaps onto the airbox with the VW and GTI logo so that it keeps as factory look as possible. It will be powder coated wrinkle black to have a similar finish to the factory box. We will be posting pictures in the next few weeks before the release of the kit. It will be sold as just the intake, and the engine cover will be an option!

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
That engine cover is a big plus. I hate popping the hood with everything exposed & looking a mess.

sniperviperman said:
no option for RED powdercoated?
Just powdercoat it yourself. Not hard. You can even use Brake Caliper Paint because the stuff withstands like over 700 degrees.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
4 weeks huh.....man I hate to wait. So the factory inlet by the radiator support attaches to the heat shield? Did I read that right?

marx92x

Autocross Newbie
Sounds promising and the estimated price seems right on. I look forward to hearing and seeing more about this. and Hey - if you need a test GTI-->PHX right here! Hit me up :biggrin:

Anders @ EVO

Go Kart Champion
There will be no RED powdercoated piece....they are plastic construction.

Yes the factory inlet near the radiator support attaches to the airbox/heatshield to provide airflow.

No, we do not need a local GTI test car, but we are starting a local MK5 club, all of the members will receive additional discounts on our parts :)

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Why not just a discount to MKV members on here? Please.....LOL
That is cool that the inlet hooks up to the heat sheild/airbox.

Anders @ EVO

Go Kart Champion
Here is a photo of the prototype installed, you can see the incorporation of the factory inlet with the airbox. The production kit will not have a silicone coupler after the metal v-flow tag on the tube, it will be one piece until the intersection of the MAF housing. The airbox will have more rounded corners, and the engine cover will be a similar shape/size, retain the FSI turbo VW portion of the cover (the silver plastic piece that runs vertical on the cover) but the black portion will change to either a flat style, carbon, or other potentials.