GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Funny Story

LonestarMKV

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys I am new to the board and VW in general. I went on my first test drive today it was great but I felt so bad here's why... I drive a 5spd Mustang those of you have driven one will know what I am talking about ...So I hop into the 2006 GTI 6spd thinking I got this hehe did you know that the clutch on the GTI is twice and short as the Mustang (when you press and let out on the mustang clutch your whole leg moves vs just moving your foot in the gti) well needless to say I killed the gti :( I was so mad at myself lol but after I got the feel for the clutch it was great I love the way this car shifts, handles, and brakes compared to my stang. I am hoping to become a VW owner very soon mabey in May or June I have a new job I am trying to get and if all goes well I will have my first VW this will only be my second car. I cant wait I am having a hard time picking the color I want though I test drove the Red but the black is really nice too. Anyway sorry this is so long I look forward to learning alot and making some new VW friends take care. :biggrin:

TJ

Last edited:

Tricky

Autocross Newbie
Welcome.

Yes the GTI is a big change from a Mustang so I can understand you stalling it out. Hope your able to pick one up, once you do you might never buy an American car again! :thumbsup:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Tricky said:
, once you do you might never buy an American car again! :thumbsup:

Very true & I love the sig. Tricky :thumbsup:

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
i got a 89 v8 mustang and my clutch is eve shorter than the gti, but then again its custom:smoking: . my mustang is alot quicker than a stock gti as well, but it cant handle like one. theres alot i like about the gti. alot which sets domestic apart from euro. the most noticable would be the interior, then the basic engineering(u can tell they take thri time on their cars) on every detail, the handling, and my favorite is the euro tranny's. they are far smoother than any other transmission i have ever felt.

LonestarMKV

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah the mustang is nice I will always have a spot for them in my heart but they are drag cars they dont handle like the GTI like you said that and being a full time student and worker I could use the better gas mileage lol thnx for all the replies : - )