GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S mode?

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
DSG has the D + and - but what is the S mode?
I am asking this because i only drove my car around for 4 days b4 i had to go back to college:cry: i know i know it is sad that i had to leave my fast behind

LordNikon

Autocross Champion
S is sport mode which delay upshifts, advance downshifts and acceleration response for "sportier" driving.

S mode is also used to operate launch control but is not avaliable in NA GTIs at this moment.

LordNikon

Autocross Champion
Kurupt-MK5 said:
when it is available can i go to the dealership and have them upload?????

I'm not sure but this is unlikely. DSG + launch control would probably be out for 2008 models.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
LordNikon said:
but is not avaliable in NA GTIs at this moment.

Doh! Every time I read that I think of "Naturaly Aspirated" :bonk:

LonestarMKV

Drag Racing Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNikon
but is not avaliable in NA GTIs at this moment.

Doh! Every time I read that I think of "Naturaly Aspirated"

hehe first thing I thought as well I had to do a double take

LonestarMKV

Drag Racing Champion
my bad should have quoted "see edit" I think we posted at the same time lol

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
S mode is really not a new innovative thing at all. i remmember 15 yrs ago when i was a kid, my dad's vauxhall was automatic and that had the S mode. knew nothing about cars then, i thought that u push that button when the car has stopped and the car is "stationary".

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Kurupt-MK5 said:
I am asking this because i only drove my car around for 4 days b4 i had to go back to college

Would have been a great opportunity to take the OM back with you and read it cover to cover. I bet it has an explanation of S-mode.

jltx

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone else think the S mode is too sporty? I think they should have toned it down a little. If I want that much sport, I will be in manual override with the paddles. It would nicer if the S mode were somewhere in between D and manual, IMHO.