GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I too old for a GTI?

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
I decided at 37 that this may be my last GTI...will change her in 3yrs and maybe then a Lexus :wink: :biggrin:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
car said:
I guess if you want to drive a Chrysler, then by all means, get a Mercedes. :wink:

Ouch! :biggrin:

GTT

Touring Car Champion
Bouston said:
Thanx for all the input guyz/galz. I really appreciate it. Another reason I was looking at the Benz is because I know I wouldn't be able to mod it that much. Maybe just wheels & tint. If you look at my past cars I have spent A LOT of $ on modding. I already know that if I get the GTI it would continue. Ecspecialy with me being in Germany for the next year or so. It is truely an addicting and expensive hobby. I guess the Benz is my cure. The question is do I really want to be cured.....:iono:

I'm holding up the "old"-er end here. I'm 40.
Yes, I drive a BMW now, but I really love the GTI. BMW really wants me back in a new 3 series and I do like it alot considering the new power and awesome handling.
But, the GTI is really a great drivers car ignoring the marketing targeted age group.
That's why I don't like the new ads, it's my age, I know. :biggrin:
The ads make a GTI appeal to a young guy who still thinks he has some control over his life and probably still does, but doesn't really know what to do with that.

The cars I shopped:
Evo
STi
A4
A3
3 series
MB C class, the C350 sport is sweet.
Legacy Spec B
RX8
350Z
GTO
G35
IS250/350
Mustang GT
Mazdaspeed6
Corvette-C7 should be just right by then.

The GTI just put a smile on my face when everything was considered including performance, comfort, interior quality, modability, and the price is amazing.

If it's too loud, you're too old. Yeah, I'm 40, but given that I'm not married I feel I can take back
10-15 years. So, write me down for 25-30 yrs. old and a shiny red GTI with pkg #2 and DSG.
:headbang:

T

Live2Fast

Passed Driver's Ed
A M.B. C230? C'mon it is the bottom of the ladder for M.B's it's nice looking, but man, those cars are cheapening the M.B. brand name. I am 29 and have no intention of EVER thinking I am too old for V-Dub's.

Bouston

GTT that was well put, and your are absolutly(sp?) right. :clap: You had a wide variety of cars to choose from. It's interesting to see you choose the GTI after all of that. Not to down the GTI by any means though.

Bouston

Live2Fast said:
A M.B. C230? C'mon it is the bottom of the ladder for M.B's it's nice looking, but man, those cars are cheapening the M.B. brand name. I am 29 and have no intention of EVER thinking I am too old for V-Dub's.

True, but as of now that's the closet I can get to a M.B. (brand new any ways). The rest of the model line up is waaaaaaaayy out of reach.

Live2Fast

Passed Driver's Ed
WAAAAAAAAAAAY out of reach for most of us. That WHY at our age we start looking at bigger (and more expensive things). We think we have been around long enough and paid enough dues to think we should have something nice to show for it. Don't forget though, with the GTI you have enough money left over for other toys you might want down the road. I.E. exhaust, modding etc...

Bouston

Live2Fast said:
Don't forget though, with the GTI you have enough money left over for other toys you might want down the road. I.E. exhaust, modding etc...

That's what I'm affraid of. Cuz once I start there's NO stopping. :biggrin:
Compared to my last car this one will be cheap to mod.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
car said:
I'm really interested in how highschool/college-aged folks are paying for these, personally.
I just turned 20, I have a good job and still live at home, so I have expendable income, I hope to have the car paid off in 2 years, by that time I'll be on my own, and have a great car thats the best of both worlds, sporty and luxurious.

Bouston

^Smart man.

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
Accel said:
I just turned 20, I have a good job and still live at home, so I have expendable income, I hope to have the car paid off in 2 years, by that time I'll be on my own, and have a great car thats the best of both worlds, sporty and luxurious.
I wish I would have been that smart. :bonk: :mad:

Ohh well, live and learn I guess.