GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Matteo's Tornado Red GTI

ryohei47

Ready to race!
Thanks. Definitely recommend the red. Subtle but looks great. Like you said, I felt like black would just make the badge practically disappear

I really love how it turned out. Our cars are really similar, non-LP Tornado Red with the Allfit lip. Where did you get the PP badge from?

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
I really love how it turned out. Our cars are really similar, non-LP Tornado Red with the Allfit lip. Where did you get the PP badge from?

Thanks! Just checked yours out and it looks nice; love all the tasteful mods you've done. I had been looking at those black decals for the wheels, and I like how they came out on yours. I got the red decal for that badge over at
http://www.badgeskins.com/store/p5/GTI_badgeskin_single.html

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Finally got a break from the rain and gave the car a quick wash. Tried out my new foam gun paired with Sonax wash + wax solution. The combination produced lots of suds and made the was super easy!

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
You should do the front too.

I wanted to do something with the front - but I have seen how it looks with the red behind it and I'm not crazy about it lol

ryohei47

Ready to race!
Thanks! Just checked yours out and it looks nice; love all the tasteful mods you've done. I had been looking at those black decals for the wheels, and I like how they came out on yours. I got the red decal for that badge over at
http://www.badgeskins.com/store/p5/GTI_badgeskin_single.html

If you're thinking about the black decals, these are the ones I got. 32 dollars for all 4 wheels instead of 4 times that for Badgeskins.

Oh I assumed you got the full PP badge not just a decal. Do you think they'll stay on over time? Its hard to justify spending that much for decals in general.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Nice job so far.

How's the 15% tint treating you at night? Is it a pain to see out or manageable? Trying to decide between 15% and 20. Love the darker look but don't want to be blind at night.

Finally got my windows tinted! 15% all around and added a windshield sun strip as well. Made a huge difference

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
If you're thinking about the black decals, these are the ones I got. 32 dollars for all 4 wheels instead of 4 times that for Badgeskins.

Oh I assumed you got the full PP badge not just a decal. Do you think they'll stay on over time? Its hard to justify spending that much for decals in general.

Oh wow, that's a pretty good deal thanks. Yeah sorry, just a decal for now. I've used other ones from them before and never had any issues with longevity. Eurobadgez might have it though. I got my German flag badge from them probably 3 years ago and have had it on and off my previous car before putting on the GTI!

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Nice job so far.

How's the 15% tint treating you at night? Is it a pain to see out or manageable? Trying to decide between 15% and 20. Love the darker look but don't want to be blind at night.

Thanks! 15% is very manageable as far as visibility. It really isn't terrible at night. I almost went with 20% on the front this time around but 15% just looks so much better

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Shifter is here - solid piece of hardware. Installing on Wednesday

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Been a delay on the install - gonna be put on this Monday

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Short shifter installed with the help of a friend. Install was pretty straightforward following the directions written up by Dieselgeek. The distance between gears is significantly shorter and makes for a much more fluid driving experience. Highly recommend this one to anybody :cool:

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Also a before and after comparison of stock vs the new one

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Going to go with a muffler delete and custom y pipe something this week. Ordered 4 inch tips off eBay

Last edited:

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
4 inch tips for the muffler delete