GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A few new shots of the AWE Tuning exclusive 28mm Adjustable Time Attack Rear Swaybar

A

Alex/AWE

Hi all,

A few new shots of the H&R/AWE Tuning exclusive 28mm Adjustable "Time Attack" Rear Swaybar.

This AWE Tuning exclusive 28mm Rear Swaybar was tested and part of the proven suspension setup on the Redline Time Attack winning car at New Jersey Motorsports Park. The improvements in body roll and turn in make this a must-have mod. Love this thing.

It was also installed on our Mk6 GTI during its World Record setting 11.87 second quarter mile run.

More here: http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/vw/mk6-g-j-2010/2-0t/handr-mk6-swaybars.html

Teflon Lined Bushings for squeak free use.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
Does an upgraded rear sway bar actually help with quarter mile times? If it does, I'd be interested in learning why.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
weight transfer maybe?

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
Does an upgraded rear sway bar actually help with quarter mile times? If it does, I'd be interested in learning why.

I wouldn't think so. RSB controls side to side movement, not front to back. Your springs and shocks will have more affect on that than the RSB. Thats my understanding any way I could be wrong.

JP

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
No it doesnt help with the 1/4.

But it makes it possible for the record breaking 1/4 mile car also break records in races that involve turns such as time attack:)

A

Alex/AWE

No it doesnt help with the 1/4.

But it makes it possible for the record breaking 1/4 mile car also break records in races that involve turns such as time attack:)

:thumbsup:

It also made the spirited driving sessions afterwards more enjoyable.

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
The Eibach fr/rr are like 324 shipped, I dont think I'd drop the extra coin on this piece although it looks extra stout, it might just not be worth it for daily driving.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
reviews please? :)

Very, Very, Very stiff :) Zero body roll from the rear...I wish we could defeat stability control because of this bar. The rear end wants to rotate off throttle so much because of this. You can get it to around 15% slip angle then the electronic nanny goes crazy. Only really notice the harshness on very sharp single wheel bumps. I daily drive it and don't really notice the increased discomfort that much. To me, well worth it...makes the car more fun.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Yes, we already recognized the disappearance of the 28 mm AWE/H&R rear bar.

It is a pity, but not sooo bad for most GTI owners. A 28 mm rear bar is way too much
for a DD and even makes a GTI really dangerous if you don't run a 28 mm bar on front
at the same time.

no

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Very, Very, Very stiff :) Zero body roll from the rear...I wish we could defeat stability control because of this bar. The rear end wants to rotate off throttle so much because of this. You can get it to around 15% slip angle then the electronic nanny goes crazy. Only really notice the harshness on very sharp single wheel bumps. I daily drive it and don't really notice the increased discomfort that much. To me, well worth it...makes the car more fun.

Do you have the 28 front as well and what are your settings?

I'm currently 26/22 HR soft/soft and the car corners flat most of the time. However on long cloverleaf off ramps and sharp turns I can still make the body roll like stock.

I'm going to try rear hard front soft this Monday to see if I can take out more body roll. If that doesn't work ill sell the 26/22 on here and go up to 28/24 starting on soft/soft.