GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

They are talking smack about the MK6?!!!1

P

plac

GTI's with 260hp in 2013.... dang. wonder if they can then chip up to 320hp...

suppose i'd rather have my bone stock GTI at 260hp than have to chip a 200hp GTI to get to the same place, while taking all the warranty risks.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
They are idiots -- the car didn't have to be redone, most of the VW lineup is being redesigned to tkae advantage of the MQB system.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
The day that his the dealers I am trading my current one in. 260 hp stock is a huge jump in power!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
HOW DARE ANYONE SAY ANYTHING. NEGATIVE ABOUT THE BEST CAR EVER!!!! Because racecar.

Flop my ass.... If this is indeed a flop, then the world has not seen such a magnificent flop since Vlade Divac was still playing.

CrzyP

Ready to race!
That's odd. Dealers in my local area can barely keep up with the mk6 GTI demand. They're gone in days once delivered to the dealers.

StayStetti

Banned
They're just saying that the quality has slowly been falling, VW is trying to become the #1 automaker. This means making their cars generic and boring. This will be confirmed with the mk7 models. (well, that's what i'm saying) And I hope they aren't thinking about putting 260hp into a FWD car.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
They're just saying that the quality has slowly been falling, VW is trying to become the #1 automaker. This means making their cars generic and boring. This will be confirmed with the mk7 models. (well, that's what i'm saying) And I hope they aren't thinking about putting 260hp into a FWD car.

What's wrong with 260hp in a FWD car? halvie's got like twice that lol.

Especially with the electric steering, there exists technology to completely eliminate torque steer.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
I have no idea why you think the next GTI would be generic or boring. And 260HP is definitely manageable in a FWD car. The GTI has far less torque steer than most FWD cars, and the electronically controlled mechanical LSD being mentioned will help with traction.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
for once the whole vw lineup is worth looking at. im not ready for another gti quite yet, then i would have to consider trading in my current 2011 gti for a new one. thats crazy to change it up so soon. and the vendors would have to start over with a new engine and ecu tune to develop.

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
Isn't the concept behind the GTi to take the mundane and everyday feel out of the Golf? To give it some prowess at the wheels and in turns? The next generation will be exactly that, the next generation, much like ours was to the mk5 people. They orient their designs and their research toward what they feel is best for the market at that time, they mess up sometimes, other times they're spot on. One persons words dont reflect an entire community of people who know the ins and outs of such a cool little car. I bet the MK7 will be cool in its own way, you never know, I mean, that bump in power sounds pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Just saying, it's on the verge of being too much for a stock car.

I agree, its hard to justify too much power on a FWD Chasis, it just seems pointless to me. The thing about this car is that its very well proportionate with a tune and such, but with more power it will overpower the capability of a FWD Chasis, unless going in a straight line is all the matters to someone.

And its not going to get 260hp, more like 230.

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
I was unaware that I have been driving a "flop" this whole time. Damn.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk