GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
How does one go about lifting them? Mine have done it twice since ive had the car and i have no clue what i did.. It makes it pain in the ass when im trying to clean the windshield.

Turn the car off and then press the wiper stalk down. Puts them in service mode!

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Irishbri's quick tip of the day...

Place hand on back of passengers head, ease head towards lap....pray for service mode.....

:laugh::clap:

Service mode FTW

WAP

Go Kart Champion

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Are there any downsides to wheel spacers?

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Depends how much space.... they can change the stress points...

my11gti

Ready to race!
Anybody know what the lowest springs are for our cars? Is it gonna be the H&R Super Sports or is there something lower?

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Looking at either 5 or 10mm

I've never looked into them for my dub, but did extensive reading on them while trying to get over sized wheels to fit on my sons Eclipse. You are talking about reasonably sane dimensions there although the 10mm might cause you to need longer lugs. Youll likely want the hubcentric ring as well so the the cars weight isn't all on the lugs. I am no expert man, but theres a ton of experience in the:

Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis Subforum

Scroll down past the Stickies and read the The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread

bmahon

Passed Driver's Ed
When you depress the clutch to change gears.... do you feel anything? Like any sort of feeling of moving parts when you hold it in or the engines rpms? Or does it feel like nothing between shifts?

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
How do you get the bluetooth module out of the styrofoam box? I want to see the part number on mine and of course the label is on the inside

Wrath

OK, guess ill try posting here as I tried using the search feature on the site and it was telling me there were no results.

This is my first post btw XD

So, just got my car two weeks ago and I was given to keys from the dealer one on the key FOB and one stand aloe key, which I find to be useless because the only was I can get into my car when its locked is by using my FOB; correct me if Im wrong.

Anyways this makes me concerned because I dont have a spare key if this is the case.

SO, Ive come to the conclusion that I need to get a spare FOB. Ive been told that they can be pretty expensive by some people and I dont want to waste my money.

Im wondering if it can be done cheaply, I found this site which claims to have VW FOBs for 5$?

http://keyfobs.com/index.php?c=53&x=Volkswagen

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
OK, guess ill try posting here as I tried using the search feature on the site and it was telling me there were no results.

This is my first post btw XD

So, just got my car two weeks ago and I was given to keys from the dealer one on the key FOB and one stand aloe key, which I find to be useless because the only was I can get into my car when its locked is by using my FOB; correct me if Im wrong.

Anyways this makes me concerned because I dont have a spare key if this is the case.

SO, Ive come to the conclusion that I need to get a spare FOB. Ive been told that they can be pretty expensive by some people and I dont want to waste my money.

Im wondering if it can be done cheaply, I found this site which claims to have VW FOBs for 5$?

http://keyfobs.com/index.php?c=53&x=Volkswagen

I wouldn't worry about it, on your door handle if you look underneath it there is a small opening where you can remove the cover and expose the keyhole for exactly this reason. Your fob will give indication if the battery is going low and you can replace the battery if that happens before it dies completely. In case you do get stuck though, just remove the cover on your door handle and get in the old fashioned way.

Keyfobs are usually expensive as well. I would not buy one for $5, cheap chinese knockoff that won't likely work.