GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drove a Tesla Model S today

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
I actually just saw one on my way to the gym earlier. A model S. And at the risk of being made fun of because of my ignorance, I had no idea what it was until I looked it up. Here is the god awful pic from earlier:

uploadfromtaptalk1364939938864.jpg

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
Just for the record charging a Tesla isn't as bad as some of you make it seem. It isn't any harder to plug it at home than a call phone. And charging networks are popping up in most states. The west coast is leading the way with an "electric highway" of charging stations allowing EV owners to travel the entire coast.

Tesla specifically provides supercharging stations along major highways. Owners of a Model S can stop and charge for free. It is pretty quick with a full charge coming in about the time it takes you to sh*t, piss, and eat.

I guess the upper flyover states are not a big EV market.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Just for the record charging a Tesla isn't as bad as some of you make it seem. It isn't any harder to plug it at home than a call phone. And charging networks are popping up in most states. The west coast is leading the way with an "electric highway" of charging stations allowing EV owners to travel the entire coast.

Tesla specifically provides supercharging stations along major highways. Owners of a Model S can stop and charge for free. It is pretty quick with a full charge coming in about the time it takes you to sh*t, piss, and eat.

I guess the upper flyover states are not a big EV market.

Its not, but its still not a 5 min fill up at a gas station. And its still not doing a lot to the proliferation of the EV. A $100+k Model S is doing as much to make people go EV as is a $100+K 911 in making people buy sports car....And at that price point I'd guess most of the owners will still have 2nd or 3rd cars for those instance when they still want to drive far without having to make a 2-3 hours stop every 200-300 miles...

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Sad to see so many "car fans" shitting all over one of the only major technology leaps forward in decades.

It's a great car, and I'd love to own a Tesla rather than some shitty Lexus luxury barge for that price point (comparing a big, heavy 4-door luxury sedan to a sports car is ignorant).

Its more about their politics than the car.

Green = Bad.

There were people who hated automobiles too when they first arrived on the scene.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Its not, but its still not a 5 min fill up at a gas station. And its still not doing a lot to the proliferation of the EV. A $100+k Model S is doing as much to make people go EV as is a $100+K 911 in making people buy sports car....And at that price point I'd guess most of the owners will still have 2nd or 3rd cars for those instance when they still want to drive far without having to make a 2-3 hours stop every 200-300 miles...

very well stated. :thumbsup: