GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Gargle Balls #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
All very true. Instead of enjoying her 20's, she'll be cleaning up spit-up and changing diapers. Some people can't wait to have kids... Who knows.

Some people feel that enjoying their 20s is not partying and drinking and sleeping with random people (for me that was my teenage years).

Think of it this way: when you are young, you typically don't have money to travel and all that. You have a kid, continue to make more money, and by the time you hit your 40s they are old enough to stay at friends houses or something while you can spend all your extra money on awesome vacations AND laugh at all those who waited to have kids and are in their 40s with toddlers or elementary school kids who are always tired because of it!

That was the path I chose, and now I am a week away from 33 with a 7 and 9 yr old, just went to Mexico with Hawaii planned next year.

Kids when young, enjoy life when older (with more money)!

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
Some people feel that enjoying their 20s is not partying and drinking and sleeping with random people (for me that was my teenage years).

Think of it this way: when you are young, you typically don't have money to travel and all that. You have a kid, continue to make more money, and by the time you hit your 40s they are old enough to stay at friends houses or something while you can spend all your extra money on awesome vacations AND laugh at all those who waited to have kids and are in their 40s with toddlers or elementary school kids who are always tired because of it!

That was the path I chose, and now I am a week away from 33 with a 7 and 9 yr old, just went to Mexico with Hawaii planned next year.

The way you describe it there, thats not a bad plan. Its appealing. I'm a long way away from making enough money to be able swing that.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion

I can respect having kids at a young age if you can afford to have them and are able to provide a good life for them. Most people in their 20's are either just out of college, or are just getting started at their careers, and really should be focusing on working and making as much money as possible. ($ doesn't equal happiness, but it's a lot easier to be happier if you have money.) There seems to be this style of thinking that "I'll have kids, and then that will force me to get my life together and priorities straight," which is completely ass backwards. Most people in their 20's can barely take car of themselves, much less should be trusted to raise and care for someone else.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
The way you describe it there, thats not a bad plan. Its appealing. I'm a long way away from making enough money to be able swing that.

Yeah. It worked for me. You are never financially ready for kids, people that say that are just making excuses. So, have them when ready. In early 20s can work.

It was hard for us for awhile, but we made it. We went without extra stuff. Didn't go out, didn't spend money on shit we did not need. Forced us to be smart with our money, and that is a lesson we needed, and still employ to this day despite having way more money to spend.

I can respect having kids at a young age if you can afford to have them and are able to provide a good life for them. Most people in their 20's are either just out of college, or are just getting started at their careers, and really should be focusing on working and making as much money as possible. ($ doesn't equal happiness, but it's a lot easier to be happier if you have money.) This style of thinking that "I'll have kids, and then that will force me to get my life together and priorities straight" is completely ass backwards. Most people in their 20's can barely take car of themselves, much less should be trusted to raise and care for someone else.

We did not have kids to force us to be responsible. You are right, that is a stupid way of thinking. Rather, having kids just made us MORE responsible. For us, having them early was the best thing ever. It may not work for everyone, but I was just giving the other side of the coin.

I'm telling you though a lot of our friends are because of our kids being friends, and they are all way older than us with kids the same age as ours. They definitely all say they wish they could have had them younger when they could go without sleep and survive! :laugh:

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
I can respect having kids at a young age if you can afford to have them and are able to provide a good life for them. Most people in their 20's are either just out of college, or are just getting started at their careers, and really should be focusing on working and making as much money as possible. ($ doesn't equal happiness, but it's a lot easier to be happier if you have money.) There seems to be this style of thinking that "I'll have kids, and then that will force me to get my life together and priorities straight," which is completely ass backwards. Most people in their 20's can barely take car of themselves, much less should be trusted to raise and care for someone else.

I agree. As long as its within your means, do it early and get it out of the way. but under no circumstances should you have children before you are financially capable just because you want to get started early. Money doesn't equal happiness, but being poor makes me unhappy.. That much I know.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
You never know, there could be some sort of secretive 2.5 cult...and in there gatherings they talk about how they have half an r8 engine and 2.0t's sound like tractors.

half a lambo v10. get it right mang.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
We did not have kids to force us to be responsible. You are right, that is a stupid way of thinking. Rather, having kids just made us MORE responsible. For us, having them early was the best thing ever. It may not work for everyone, but I was just giving the other side of the coin.

I wasn't implying that you did man, just that I see it way too often. People who don't make a lot of money, who don't know how to do simple stuff like cooking and cleaning, having children. My little cousin for one God bless her. She's one year into college and has never had a real job in her life, and she just had her first child, a little boy. Her boyfriend works as a janitor.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
I wasn't implying that you did man, just that I see it way too often. People who don't make a lot of money, who don't know how to do simple stuff like cooking and cleaning, having children. My little cousin for one God bless her. She's one year into college and has never had a real job in her life, and she just had her first child, a little boy. Her boyfriend works as a janitor.

Thats tough. Situations like that is where you will really prove your worth.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

Hope it works out for them as well as it worked out for me.

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
I really wish the best for my friends and I know that kid will be loved. Definitely not how I pictured her becoming when we were younger though.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

Or skip the partying and sleeping with random people, get good jobs, have no kids, and skip straight to your 40's plan in our 20's.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
Ill have to spread the seed at some point. I'm the only male, and I must carry on the family name.

Status
Not open for further replies.