GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you had 50-70K

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Wow. A p85d is $120k. Like a $12k premium for awd. Never mind that idea for $70k..

THey are not that much used.....Plus isn't there great lease deals on them?

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
I didn't understand any of this knife/watch analogy, but what about a Jag? XF's start at around $47k and XJ's at around $74k. Pretty much can't be beat for Euro cachet and luxury.
Lol, a Jag... i guess it didnt occur to me bc I don't know anythng about em.

This thread has served its purpose for me. I got the car's VIN and got its accident history, none, intalled options at time of sale, and MSRP. PoA wouldnt release the maintenance history, what they know of it.

Boss is pretty set on this car I think. It occurred to me that 39k is right on the cusp of major maintenance out of warranty. Sooo, called around and found quotes 7k from Porsche of Beverly Hills, $1,950 from Porache od DTLA, couple more at around the 2k-2.3k mark, and the sweet spot - McKenna Porsche of Norwalk.

Service advisor Rambo Jennings (I shit u not, call and ask for him) asked am I a car guy, and I said I don't know much but I'd like to be. Point was he saw the pic of the car I sent him and he told me chrome wasn't OEM finish on the 20" RX Spyder wheels. He's trying to upsell me into Michellin PS2 summers at all corners, pads, rotors if needed, brake fluid flush, and the stunner - they got a tech in house who powdercoats. Wheels? Check. What color? Blk. Piano or matte? Brake calipers at all corners? Check. strip the paint n powder in any of 3 colors, Brembo red, some bright yellow, Porsche racing acid green. Got a meet with him Saturday morning or noonish to discuss a package discount from the a-la-carte prices. Im pushing for about 2k off the top, 7-7.5k at McKenna, 4-5 days on the lift with a loaner. Dont get too excited. Its the Cayenne.

Last edited:

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
On a random interjection of thought balloon note, i used to think the Panamera was hideous. HHR, Aztek hideous. But shopping for service and seeing examples of OEM+ type mods a dealer service dept would endorse, it's growing on me. And despite the powerful engine and adjustable shocks and hideously wide wheels (255/40/20) & (295/35/20) its heavy as fuq, how come such hustle? Straight line or curvy. My car weighs 3100lbs has 300 ponies. This car has 400 ponies but weighes 4000lbs. Thing is I have 350 lb/ft this has 369 lb/ft. Oh sh*t, power to weight is identical, but PP has lsd, better damping... should be a fun ride. Yep, like a fungus, it's growing on me!

Edit: the service schedule lists a manifold cleaning! Haha, not a turbo but still a VAG DI engine, and when I had mine done, sh*t it was sweet! PDK is besser als DSG, weil, es gibt keine service dafur. So I point blank asked Rambo, hey why didnt they put this tranny in the R8 instead of the stupid Lambo single clutch torture device? Shrugs, ionno?

Last edited:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Why are you doing all that research for your boss? Is he paying you?

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Why are you doing all that research for your boss? Is he paying you?

Yes. I've known the guy since middle school and I'm in my 40s. I like cars, and other than my other two hobbies, shopping for cars is not work, it's fun to me. I'd help with the research just bc, I'm talking to vendor's bc he's my friend before I worked for him going on 5 yrs, and since he is my boss, I do the research during work hours and my coworkers dont roll their eyes at me.
Yeah, is your boss your secret lover?
Your gaydar is impeccable. But like the cheaper models on ebay without a satellite connection and onboard memory, its registering some false positives, as it is now.

I like the panamera a lot. They can also tow 5000 lbs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I didnt like it for years and now I do. "There is no pleasure greater than a former repugnace turned fetish"
Marq. de Sade

I just made that shit up...

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Price has been negoed to high $40s. I thin) now its a high value proposition that I am standing behind other cars were mentioned that I didn't think about, and that was my purpose here, to tap into the hive mind, but the time has comenfor brass tacks. The real world beckons.

It should've been obvious but I never bought a newer luxury car so Im just now seeing it - lots of expensive to maintain cars get sold just on the cusp of expensive major maintenance. Once people sink big money into a car thats running fine to begin with, thwy don't generally sell, lol. Live n learn, but what I''ve learned I knew or should've known all along. There is no new thing under the sun. Ecclesiastics? Ionno…

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Yes. I've known the guy since middle school and I'm in my 40s. I like cars, and other than my other two hobbies, shopping for cars is not work, it's fun to me. I'd help with the research just bc, I'm talking to vendor's bc he's my friend before I worked for him going on 5 yrs, and since he is my boss, I do the research during work hours and my coworkers dont roll their eyes at me.

Gotcha. I was not judging, just curious. I do a lot of research for friends and family on cars as well because I enjoy it and I have time to do it at work while getting paid as well.