GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Problems

artemk93

Ready to race!
A vw part? Cheaply made? Noooo lol. Yes, the overall car is very well designed with a great engine, tranny, interior, but the small parts they skimp out on, which is why imo they are relatively inexpensive, but a pita to replace. An n75 isn't easy to get to to switch out, in my experience at least.

Yeah, I'm not excited about it. I believe its only 2 bolts, and couple of hoses, but it'll take me at least an hour since I don't have hands of a 5 year old

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I'm not excited about it. I believe its only 2 bolts, and couple of hoses, but it'll take me at least an hour since I don't have hands of a 5 year old

i keep suggesting everyone actually check their pcv valve if possible since its more and more common people have problems but the oil stick idle test DOESNT work

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I must be the only person who doesn't think the n75 is easy to swap out while it's on the car... there is so much crap in the way and it's just tight.

artemk93

Ready to race!
i keep suggesting everyone actually check their pcv valve if possible since its more and more common people have problems but the oil stick idle test DOESNT work

I'll try to check it this week. I'll probably just change it for a good measure.

artemk93

Ready to race!
Changed the PCV today, made little to no difference on the issue. Checked all the pcv hoses, I believe the rear one has a crack in it, so will change it and see if it makes a difference. If not, will change the n75

FriggenT1

Banned
Changed the PCV today, made little to no difference on the issue. Checked all the pcv hoses, I believe the rear one has a crack in it, so will change it and see if it makes a difference. If not, will change the n75

If the rear hose has a crack, that can cause a host of issues from what humble mechanic has said on his videos

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
I've the same issue with my K04 tune. Log Actual vs Requested and you will see that actual spikes and the the DV gets its back under control between 2.5-3.2k rpm. Granted that its a 1.8TSI instead of your 2.0TSI but the same issue persists. Have checked everything and its still there... What made it far less noticeable (atleast most of the time) is the Unitronics DV Relocation kit. Its still there, but to a far less extent.

N75 is the only thing left. Visual and touch and feel inspection done today it looks perfect. No leaks or broken parts. Will replace it regardless. Also I was thinking of relocating it away from the turbo to keep some heat out of it. Fingers crossed.

artemk93

Ready to race!
I've the same issue with my K04 tune. Log Actual vs Requested and you will see that actual spikes and the the DV gets its back under control between 2.5-3.2k rpm. Granted that its a 1.8TSI instead of your 2.0TSI but the same issue persists. Have checked everything and its still there... What made it far less noticeable (atleast most of the time) is the Unitronics DV Relocation kit. Its still there, but to a far less extent.

N75 is the only thing left. Visual and touch and feel inspection done today it looks perfect. No leaks or broken parts. Will replace it regardless. Also I was thinking of relocating it away from the turbo to keep some heat out of it. Fingers crossed.

I don't think we have the same problem. I've posted logs on the first page and there's no spike in actual boost in lower rpms. So far I've changed the dv, the pcv, and I know for a fact that the rear pcv hose is cracked. Hopefully the issue will be gone after i change it. If not, the only other thing is the n75. I also want to note that i haven't had any issues like 2 months ago.
In my mind relication kit can't have any affect on boost problems. But maybe I'm wrong

FriggenT1

Banned
I don't think we have the same problem. I've posted logs on the first page and there's no spike in actual boost in lower rpms. So far I've changed the dv, the pcv, and I know for a fact that the rear pcv hose is cracked. Hopefully the issue will be gone after i change it. If not, the only other thing is the n75. I also want to note that i haven't had any issues like 2 months ago.
In my mind relication kit can't have any affect on boost problems. But maybe I'm wrong

https://youtu.be/hQEciqR1ST8 @ 3:12

artemk93

Ready to race!
Changed the rear pcv hose the other weekend. The hose was covered in oil.
Issue still exists but less.
Here's some pics

I've cut the foil part, to try and find the crack, but couldn't see it. But there was oil everywhere.

I will post a video of boost guage later today

FriggenT1

Banned
Changed the rear pcv hose the other weekend. The hose was covered in oil.
Issue still exists but less.
Here's some pics

I've cut the foil part, to try and find the crack, but couldn't see it. But there was oil everywhere.

I will post a video of boost guage later today

I plugged the rear hose into the intake and electric taped it a while lot so there can't be any leaks, you might want to do that, just in case any unmeteredair is getting in.