GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Questions for some dog owners. **HELP**

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
I'm getting a puppy in a few weeks and its my first pet so i basically have a few questions...

let me first start by explaining my situation, im 21 i live in a 2 story house with practically no backyard cause i have a pretty big pool, so i was thinking more of a small dog max 30ish bounds (does that sound about right) im looking for a fun dog not a lazy one and not to aggresive with strangers.

what are your expieriences with particular breeds?

boy/girl?

where do you think i should go to get my puppy?

what do you think a good breed is for my particular situation?

any advice would be greatly appreciated cause i would like to get a puppy thats right for me as its my first. thanks in advance!

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
bump, come on guys some info would be appreciated

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker
i say adopt a dog. i have a puggle (pug/beagle mix) and he's such a sweetheart. he tries to cuddle with everyone and he runs around like a maniac. its great.

im not too experienced as a dog owner, considering turbo (my puppy) was my first dog so i cant really give much advice.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
how big is he going to get? and is turbo pretty trainable?

V-dub Junglist

Ready to race!
For a first dog I agree that you should adopt... rescue a trained dog to save your time cuz it will be a learning experience anyway. Smart to stay between 20 and 30 pounds. Rule I learned: Female Dogs and Male Cats are the best. get something to cover your Fast seasts though for sure!

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker
how big is he going to get? and is turbo pretty trainable?

he wont get any bigger than he is already is (almost 30 lbs)and he's about 1yr old. as for trainable, i wouldnt say its impossible, its just that the previous owner had no time to take care of the dog and he was semi-trained when i got him, he hasn't been too much of a problem, but he has made a bit of a mess in a few instances.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
thanks for the info guys! at least i know im going the right direction, i feel like i should adopt to but im thinking when i finally find the dog i want then ill check out the local shelters and if i dont find the breed im looking for then ill go to a breeder.

thanks again for the advice, and if anyone else has anymore to had its apreciated.

CrAsH721

Girl w/ a rabbit
Dont get a dauchsund (wiener dog) i have a female shes small very agressive with older men she loves women and children but its just waiting for her to do something bad you know but with friends and fam shes great a real lap dog and very playful just not safe around people we dont know. Just letting you know from some expirience thats def one to x out i dont know if you were thinking of this type anyways just wanted to let you know. def. she is about 13 pounds i think bigger dogs are a little more behaved depending on breed but there arent many small (under 20 lbs) dogs that are really good i think what your looking for around 30 or under that would be awesome youll find the right dog.

manydubs

Ready to race!
I have a Shiba Inu. The males like mine get to 35 pds. They are very active and love to play. However they have thick coats and are very "alpha" dogs sometimes.

Check one out, mine is tri colored tan, black and white. Usually they are all copper color, but there are some straight from Japan that are all white.

The best advice I can give is to make sure you have time to walk him every day and stay on top of training. Let only one person disipline him to be his master.

superide

Ready to race!
I have had them all and the smarest dog I have ever had is my new one, he is a Jack Russel/Rat Terrier Mix. her is the coolest do I have ever had. if you were local id say ill hook you up with one because my dogs my just had another litter of them.

Oh ya I also have a pitt, rotty, husky, and a taco bell dog. I love them all but the taco bell dog he is just mean. I rescue alot of dogs.

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
my friends mom had a weiner dog when i was growing up, and that mother fucker was the meanest thing i have ever met, it scared me shitless. i wish i just could have kicked the shit out of it. when i walked in his mom would ALWAYS just let it run from her lap and bite the shit out of my ankles.

word of advice, dont get a fucking dauchund (weiner) i hate them with every fiber of my being. they should be exterminated.

CrAsH721

Girl w/ a rabbit
my friends mom had a weiner dog when i was growing up, and that mother fucker was the meanest thing i have ever met, it scared me shitless. i wish i just could have kicked the shit out of it. when i walked in his mom would ALWAYS just let it run from her lap and bite the shit out of my ankles.

word of advice, dont get a fucking dauchund (weiner) i hate them with every fiber of my being. they should be exterminated.

haha same problem read my previous post lol! wiener dogs are MEAN!