GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Deceptive RSC Exhaust Marketing...

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
All I can say is wow, this whole thing has been very disappointing. I've heard a lot of people bash APR in the past, and thought that that was just the price of being one of the best, but it looks like there is merit in what those people were saying.

Whackamac

Ready to race!
APR, I don't know if you figured it out yet, but you are NOT going to be able to pass the buck on this. Corsa may have manufactured your exhaust systems, but it is APR's name on the exhaust, and YOU SELL IT AS AN APR EXHAUST.

Therefore it is YOUR responsibility and YOUR problem. Refer to my previous post on doing QUALITY TESTING on outside products. It is APR's product and APR's responsibility. There is NO disclaimer that states that the exhaust was made by someone else (this looks REALLY bad APR as we thought you made your own stuff... Now I wonder who wrote the tune for my car...).

By APR trying to pass the buck to the manufacturer, it is showing how much APR really cares about anything other than how much money they make. APR will never see another dime from me. And I was going to build the car as an APR GTI to race next season. Thank god for plan "B" being a better option anyways.

If it were my company, I would take personal responsibility and fully investigate the issues at hand. If the findings are true, I would replace everyone's exhaust.

But the APR exec's would have to cancel a vacation and we know that corporate america will not let that happen... Plus the reason we see no info on the Vortex forums is that APR is probably the largest sponsor of the site and are most likely threatening their sponsorship to the forum owners to remove any negative press about APR. Or the threads would still be there. But as we know, you cannot silence the internet.

Last edited:

BR MK7

Ready to race!
APR, I don't know if you figured it out yet, but you are NOT going to be able to pass the buck on this. Corsa may have manufactured your exhaust systems, but it is APR's name on the exhaust, and YOU SELL IT AS AN APR EXHAUST.

Therefore it is YOUR responsibility and YOUR problem. Refer to my previous post on doing QUALITY TESTING on outside products. It is APR's product and APR's responsibility. There is NO disclaimer that states that the exhaust was made by someone else (this looks REALLY bad APR as we thought you made your own stuff... Now I wonder who wrote the tune for my car...).

By APR trying to pass the buck to the manufacturer, it is showing how much APR really cares about anything other than how much money they make. APR will never see another dime from me. And I was going to build the car as an APR GTI to race next season. Thank god for plan "B" being a better option anyways.

If it were my company, I would take personal responsibility and fully investigate the issues at hand. If the findings are true, I would replace everyone's exhaust.

But the APR exec's would have to cancel a vacation and we know that corporate america will not let that happen... Plus the reason we see no info on the Vortex forums is that APR is probably the largest sponsor of the site and are most likely threatening their sponsorship to the forum owners to remove any negative press about APR. Or the threads would still be there. But as we know, you cannot silence the internet.

Exactly This! What a shady company to sit her a deny fault and point the finger at another company. What a joke. You are correct also on the Vortex part because I've seen a Vortex mod jump into a APR thread a defend them to the fullest. To think I was considering APR products this go around...NOT. I'll stick to GIAC and AWE.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I feel bad for our local Apr dealer...he's an outstanding guy and this could negatively impact his business...

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
They'll defend them because APR pays money to be on top over there. APR is been going down for a couple of years. Move over to GIAC or Unitronic much better companies and better customer service. I used to be an APR customer until i learned my lesson a couple of years ago.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
I feel bad for our local Apr dealer...he's an outstanding guy and this could negatively impact his business...

+1. I love my APR dealer, and it's not even 5 mins from my house. I'm thinking about having my tune taken off, which is sad. I really like it, but I don't know if I should trust it anymore. I've always held APR in very high regards when it comes to their products, but in light of recent events, I don't want to support them anymore.

I was one of the people who paid for that joke of an exhaust system thinking that I was paying for quality. It sounded good, but it definitely wasn't worth anywhere near the amount of money they charged me. What else isn't as high of quality as they claim?..

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
We reached out to the team at CORSA and they have provided this additional information:

"CORSA Performance Exhaust had been producing some exhaust systems for APR for the past several years. In that time, we worked with APR to manufacture exhaust systems that featured our proprietary RSC® Technology to eliminate drone, as well as deliver to the acoustic, design and material specifications of APR. In every case where a system featured RSC® Technology, it was designed, utilizing one of the various patented and trade secret methods we have developed to reflect sound waves out of phase, thus eliminating specific drone causing frequencies. Each vehicle application is different and produces different frequencies that cause drone. CORSA Performance goes to great lengths to find those frequencies, and use one, or several, of our tools to cancel those frequencies through reflection. RSC® Technology is not a one-size fits all technology, but a specific design, engineered as a system for a specific vehicle.

In all cases where we produced exhaust systems for APR we utilized various methods, some seen in our several patents and others that are proprietary, to develop systems, not just mufflers, to eliminate the resonance and still craft a sound profile that was targeted for the car. We are committed first and foremost to eliminating the drone in vehicles and believe we have accomplished that on every APR exhaust system we produced featuring an RSC® Technology. I would invite you to explore our recently completely re-designed and updated website (www.corsaperformance.com) to see our story (http://www.corsaperformance.com/OurStory.aspx), and recently updated RSC® diagrams (http://www.corsaperformance.com/Technology/exhaustRsc.aspx) showing more than one way we eliminate specific frequencies that cause drone. If you have additional questions about the technology, please contact us at sales@corsaperformance.com or 1-800-486-0999.

Best Regards,
The CORSA Performance Team"

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
There really shouldn't be different designs for the same part. My guess is that Apr didn't know about this since they don't produce the exhaust.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
There really shouldn't be different designs for the same part. My guess is that Apr didn't know about this since they don't produce the exhaust.

As though that would be any sort of excuse. "Oh, we didn't know how our product with our name on it was made. But at the same time, we do the most R&D in the industry." Them not knowing how their own products are assembled would almost be worse then them lying to us about the quality of it. Trying to take zero responsibility, and telling us to take it up with Corsa, is just pathetic. I had the APR turbo-back exhaust on my MK6 GTI, and it said APR on it, no Corsa logos anywhere. They wanted to take all the credit when stuff was going well, and now that there is an issue, their official statement is that "we don't make it, take up your issues with Corsa." :eek:

Last edited:

kenny.c

Ready to race!
WOW...I cannot believe APR dont come back with a reasonable response to the original thread. I was really hanging out for their system to come out for the MK7....this really does put doubt into my mind.

Ken