GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Anyone has tried 19x9.5 et45 on the front? Will it rub on the strut? If it doesn't, will it fit in the back?

Haven't tried a 9.5" on a MK7 myself, but that is a lot of wheel. Strut clearance would really need to be checked with the specific wheel you have since rim lip designs could change fitment, as well as shock/coilover diameter. I ran a 19x9.5 ET45 on a MK6 (CC) and I needed to run 3mm spacers minimum up front because of the rim lip contacting the coilover.

As far as the fender would be concerned, if you ran -2 or more camber front and rear with a stretched 235/35-19 (Conti ECS tires are spec'd from 8-9.5" wheels, I just checked) or possibly up to a 255/30-19 depending on the tire width/profile you should be good depending on what you're trying to do. I ran 10mm spacers on my 18x9 ET45s which is 3-4mm more aggressive and that was fine as a daily setup and even some light track duty. In the rear, I don't like that much poke but I also don't run that much rear camber, but it should be fine as long as you don't run too much tire.

For a street cruiser setup or with bags it would be doable, but if this was going to see track time I think you'd be better off with something narrower because you would rub easily in hard corners.

madface1

Go Kart Newbie
19x9, 255/30 all around

madface1

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks man! I really like how much 19s fill the arches, but I test for some 18s with R compound tires and now I’m really considering going down to 18s. These are 18x9 et45 with 255/35 R888Rs

Mikeyz3

I keep going back and forth with the possibility of this. I’ve seen some similar setups but nothing exact.

2017 Golf Alltrack
VMR V702 19x9.5 et45 square
235/35 ContiSportContacts
Factory R springs
4-5mm between inside lip and strut tower

Before I go through mounting a tire, I wanted to get some other opinions. Fitment doesn’t look TOO far fetched. Not a lot of camber to play with. How close am I to making this happen?

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I feel like on an AllTrack that's 100% doable, though I'm not sure what fender mods you might need with those fenders/flares. Loved my V702s on my last car, same size but with 5mm spacers up front because I did have coilover clearance issues without. Very minimal rubbing.

You might consider running a 245/35-19 just for a bit more tire without a whole lot more width. This setup is what I first ran on my CC (mk6 chassis so it's not a good comparison really) but with no camber plates and just -1.8 or so degrees dialed in the rear it fit nicely.

Alignment Comparison by Jon Collier, on Flickr

Then I went full send on 265/30-19s since I wasn't very low and that setup was MEATY:
CC26530rearqtr by Jon Collier, on Flickr

If you're not too low you should be fine.

Mikeyz3

Ugh, love that look. Ideal IMO, not too low, little bit of poke, decently concave design. This wheel design/color combo on white is just perfect. That gives me some hope, thanks!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Ugh, love that look. Ideal IMO, not too low, little bit of poke, decently concave design. This wheel design/color combo on white is just perfect. That gives me some hope, thanks!

Thank you! I did really enjoy that car, it came out just like I wanted it.

I think the AllTrack with it's flares will rock a 9.5" wheel easy, I'd just look for what the tire is going to contact first to see what can be modded. You might not need much if you're not too low, but I've never been inside an Alltracks fenders.

For example, the last gen Tiguans with their plastic flares, there are parts of the fender and flare that are inches inset, so even if the wheel and tire are inside of the flare, you're still going to hit flare if you're too low.

I'm sure that would just be sitting on the fenders if those wheels were flush, but the flare/fender extends into to wheel well.

onehundrednorth

I've read through this whole thread but needed some added clarity because I'm installing VWR springs next weekend.

My setup as of right now is Alzor 881 18x8.5et45
Firestone Indy 500's 235/40

I'm running a 5mm spacer in the front to clear the caliper (mk7.5 PP) and a 10mm in the rear. I like how it looks now but it needs to be lower.

I've talked with a friend who's running the same exact setup but he's on european eibach linear sport springs which offer a 1" drop whereas the VWR is 1.2" to 1.4" after it settles. He said he did the fender screw mod which I plan on doing too.

Does anyone have any info on if this will rub or not? I'm contemplating returning the VWR springs for something with a 1" drop instead. It's just that I've read so many posts with people running this setup without spacers and I'm a little nervous now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should also add that I've never messed with camber but my friends shop will adjust it for me. I've heard with these drops on vwr that sometimes there's added camber to help with clearance but since I've never had a GTI and only VW sedans I'm kind of lost.

Cliff.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

petrivyaroslav

Here is my Enkei GTC01 18x8 et35, 225/40/18 tires and -2cm ST suspension by KW springs.
I’m not really happy with the fitment. Any suggestions how to make it more aggressive?

My thoughts was the following:
1. Add 5-8mm spacers and check if it will be better;
2. Additionally lower the car so -3cm in total and check if it will be better;
3. Try to 235/35 tires.

Please share your thoughts

Надіслано із мого iPhone за допомогою Tapatalk

greesha

thought I would try this thread to ask:

18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear, my understanding is that I will need 5-10mm spacers in the rear.
Will 245/40s work front and rear?

Golf sportwagen, going to be using KW Clubsport coilovers off of a gti.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
thought I would try this thread to ask:

18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear, my understanding is that I will need 5-10mm spacers in the rear.
Will 245/40s work front and rear?

Golf sportwagen, going to be using KW Clubsport coilovers off of a gti.
Are you changing the front spindles as well? The strut diameter of the Golf and GTI are different.

greesha

Are you changing the front spindles as well? The strut diameter of the Golf and GTI are different.

correction, seller was selling them as GTI ones.

according to the box, they are
KW clubsport 2-way w/ top mount
VW Golf VII, Type AU, 50mm strut
KW clubsport 2-fash m.Stutzl. VW Golf VII
Audi A3; Seat Leon, Federbein 50mm

Last edited: