GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

swcrow

Autocross Champion
S&W 642 with crimson trace laser grips. Get the one without the internal lock.
Nice! Thanks.... I'll have to check it out

Edit:
Just looked it up... Lol....I was actually looking at that one with the teal grips.... So she could see it easily in her purse

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Nice! Thanks.... I'll have to check it out

Edit:
Just looked it up... Lol....I was actually looking at that one with the teal grips.... So she could see it easily in her purse

I'm not sure the Crimson Trace grips are available in teal ;)

I have a 642. It's easy to carry--pocket, iwb, owb, etc. But it's not the easiest thing to shoot what with the plain front sight and notched rear. Highly recommend Crimson Trace grips--I have the LG405s.

codered911

Ready to race!
Id suggest the 638 bodyguard or bodyguard 38 special w laser. The 638 has a little hammer that won't catch and allow single action shots.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
I chose the S&W M&P 9mm with Crimson Trace but before I bought it I went to the local shooting range and tested several of the popular CC models on several occasions. It's quite surprising to see the difference in feel and accuracy of the small pistols based on how they fit into your hand. You might as well see what works for you before spending your money. The laser certainly helps with quick accuracy vs. just the sights IME.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Id suggest the 638 bodyguard or bodyguard 38 special w laser. The 638 has a little hammer that won't catch and allow single action shots.

I had one. it’s difficult to actually use the hammer, nearly impossible to safely decock, gathers debris, and is an ultimately useless feature in a self defense situation. The 642 has less mass and a smaller profile.

But that’s just my opinion :)

swcrow

Autocross Champion
These have been great points and recommendations guys...really appreciate it. Getting her rolled into a CCW class here shortly at a local shooting club.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Adam at MAPerformance here. Admittedly a bit of a CZ fanboy, but I love most everything. Current favorites in the stable are CZ P-06 with some Cajun goodies. CZ 805 Bren S1 Carbine with a can on it, CZ 712 G2 shotgun, cut down, and extended. Many others in the safe but these are my go to. Just picked up the new Taurus TX22 to see how it works out as a trainer for some events, and courses. I'll try to grab pics off my phone and share.
I used to carry a P-07. Great gun. Haven't got to "cajunizing" it yet. CZ makes great firearms.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
I used to carry a P-07. Great gun. Haven't got to "cajunizing" it yet. CZ makes great firearms.

For sure! I haven't gotten to much of their polymer for ownership, but I am looking forward to their USA factory (as much of a purist as I am) and see what single stack options come out too.

-Adam

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Does anyone have any opinions on the Colt Delta Elite in 10mm? Looking to get one.

It's a solid option for sure, and have had the pleasure of running some various Colt contract offerings, and I'd say the only downside is the range of performance various 10mm ammo made for it. I'm personally looking to convert to 357 Sig for a few of my rigs, but will face the same issue.

-Adam

anotero

Autocross Champion
It's a solid option for sure, and have had the pleasure of running some various Colt contract offerings, and I'd say the only downside is the range of performance various 10mm ammo made for it. I'm personally looking to convert to 357 Sig for a few of my rigs, but will face the same issue.

-Adam
Thanks for the input. I'll do some research on the different ammo manufacturers.

The polymer P-07 is rock solid. I carry a metal 1911 now, but my wife really likes the CZ.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Anyone try the polymer ammo?

Polymer case, or coated projectile?

I've shot thousands of coated projectiles, they don't seem quite as accurate in some guns but they're cheap and they work fine. A bit of extra smoke and a distinct smell, but fine for training.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Polymer case, or coated projectile?

I've shot thousands of coated projectiles, they don't seem quite as accurate in some guns but they're cheap and they work fine. A bit of extra smoke and a distinct smell, but fine for training.

Exactly the same experience here. Pleasantly surprised actually.
-Adam